What's the scariest game you ever played on an iDevice?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aikavari, Jan 27, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy cow! I didn't notice it was in the lead! Last time I checked only vii lucky and I had voted for it and Trip Trap was winning! Congrats!

2. kmonkey

kmonkey Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    aww man, you are missing out on all the "hell" stuff :eek:

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ik ik, I'll get there! That creepy picture still scares my socks off though...

4. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    - add more pictures in update, check

5. rewind

rewind Active Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I'm very occupied
    I really don't know
    Ha, good one...

6. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Is this your first game k? Id like to see you do a zombie survival type game. :)

Looks right up you're alley.

7. kmonkey

Feb 1, 2013
    Developer
    Yeah it's my first game :) always loved horror games so decided it was a good place to start

Definitely will stay horror themed for the next game and already planning out the horrific details :D

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That's..... horrifying

9. Definitely Indigo Lake.

The atmosphere and sound design is perfect, especially if you have headphones or earbuds in with the volume cranked all the way up.

I haven't played that game in a month. That's how scary it is to me. No game on any console has ever made me that uneasy.

People say Dead Space a lot, but I honestly can't see it. I mean, when I first found out about Dead Space, it scared the crap out of me. But now...meh. They're unsettling, that's about it. Even the first one. They're all still really good games though. Even 3.

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Leave. Now.

11. Nah, I'd rather not.

Never understood the hate for it tbh.

I guess it's because it had too much action, but DS2 has a lot of action, and people still love it.

DS1 is the only one that feels like it's trying to be nothing but a survival horror, and even that one isn't really scary.

And c'mon, you can't lie that the weapon crafting in 3 is really fun. The game also has some heart pounding moments. The only parts I didn't like was that $*@&!#% SNOWBEAST!

What don't you like about it?

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    The fact that it never makes me feel uncomfortable or scares me.

And also the fact that there is no strategy at all as to how you play.

Remeber in the first two, the catch phrase was "strategic dismemberment" and the plasma cutter was king throughout the whole game. In this, the plasma cutter sucks even in the first mission. It doesn't feel like dead space, because all you do is point and shoot.

I also hate the new armor system, because there's no point in the armors looking different. I loved dead space 2's armor system where each armor had unique pros/cons.

Now, while i really like the crafting system, I also hate it. I really wish they had only lightly expanded on what they did in ds2 with the "special" nodes (exlploding javelins after they shock, plasma cutter rounds do fire damage). I preferred having the set weapons which each had their special alt fires. Now it's just overpowered rocket launchers and machine guns.

Honestly, all I wanted from dead space 3 was a new machine gun (which, I'm pretty sure at an early point in development was called the AUG. It's like the bullpup rifle or carbine or whatever in ds3) that had the single pinpoint bullet stream. So it woulda been like the seeker rifle plus the pulse rifle. All precision. Not sure what the alt would have been, but it would have been cool to see it get the grenade launcher then have the pulse rifle get the old alt fire from ds1 (hehe, it was so fun). Then I also would have liked at least 1 more new weapon. Not sure what but just something new. Maybe a vertical line gun called the column gun. Maybe the bola gun.

I also preferred the credits system, it didn't require me to use scavenger bots to find food stamps so I can frickin buy tungsten because it was so flippin rare.

So yeah. That's why ds3 was a let down.

And btw my post before was playful, didn't mean to sound harsh :D

13. One thing we definitely agree on, the plasma cutter was a huge disappointment.

The armor system was also not as good, and the ones you buy with really money were literally just different colored versions of suits already in game.

I also liked the credits system. It was exciting to find credits and looking forward to going to the next store to buy that weapon you really wanted, or the cool new armor you found schematics for.

But it was also equally exciting to see that indicator that the scavenger bot has collected resources for you to deck yourself out, and to concoct a new weapon combo using newly found parts and put in those new nodes.

That precision MG you speak of is in the game iirc. It's a tip for the military engine. And I also think you were able to put a rotator cuff module on the line gun.

All I want from Dead Space is closure. The aftermath DLC leaves a cliffhanger, and no one knows what'll happen next. They probably had more DLC planned, but since the game didn't sell as well as EA anticipated, the future of Dead Space is looking grim. If they advertised the game differently, or left out co-op and made it more of a survival horror, it would've sold better. It hope they at least make a DS4 for next-gen to wrap up the interesting story.

I know you were in a playful tone, no harm done :D

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, just spent some time with Dungeon Nightmares and all I have to say is ... HOLY CRAP!!!

If I had posted before I played DN, I would have easily said Indigo Lake. But now, I'd have to say that game is creepy and has a some scary parts.

But Dungeon Nightmares takes the cake as really scaring the bejesus out of me. Great game and if you like a good horror game with some genuine jolts, it's a must buy.

The sound and atmosphere are great in both of the aforementioned games. And Indigo Lake has more story to it. But I have to hand it to Dungeon Nightmares as far as iOS games go in the scariness factor.

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    + the room is too narrow that makes the game scary. :eek:

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #56 JCho133, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Haha yes ik, I mentioned the carbine/bullpup rifle I believe, which the military tip makes. I was just saying what I would have wanted if the old weapon system was still in place (;

And yeah if they made a proper dead space, the game woulda sold millions more

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Heck yeah it's too scary! It's because I helped :cool:

18. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I find no game scary. I'm just too brave and fearless...

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Predictable.

20. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You got any proof?