Whats the next big title?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Genius, Jul 20, 2009.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I think I've heard they do exactly that...but I'm not positive, it could be conspiracy theorists. I say we should keep an eye on how fast they approve Pac Man Remix...that's a big title with lots of cross-generational appeal by a big developer. It just got submitted...if we see it in less than 2 weeks, it could prove this point.

2. flying_dino

flying_dino Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Making iPhone Games
    I can only speak for our development team at Flying Dino but for iMech we spent over 5 weeks on just polish and bug testing. 3.0 firmware also really screwed things up because frame rates on 3.0 firmware dropped by nearly 1/3 so we had to go back and optimize a lot of the 3D code. Games are getting a lot more complex compared to the first batch of titles last year and expectations on quality will only climb as time goes on. It's just the reality of a growing platform.

-Randy of FD

3. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i dont think thats gonna prove the point. because sometimes the apps get approved faster regardless of how big the company is.

4. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    The one game im eagerly anticipating is the Resident Evil 4 port thats been shown recently, hopefully the tales of "end of the month" wont be a complete fabrication and the US/UK version will see the light of day shortly after the Jap release.

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Why then? Why is it that games that don't get rejected in the approval process may take anywhere from days to weeks? I could understand it if Apple asks for changes that it would add time, but if there are no problems, why the inconsistency? I'm honestly curious...I don't have any agenda.

6. flying_dino

flying_dino Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Making iPhone Games
    Length of queue, day of submission (weekday vs. weekend), functionality of title, issue(s) clarification via email, these things all slow down the process.

-Randy of FD.

7. link20120

link20120 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    iMech

Yeah I'm going to go with iMech because it looks great from the videos and pictures.:)

8. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #48 CaseyLay, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Well, I'm eager to see it when it arrives. Keep up the good work.

9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    im not sure if that is the case. it doesnt matter really, i guess. unless someone here has actually worked at apple approving apps, its all just speculation.

10. kowalsk

kowalsk Active Member

May 10, 2009
    Right now I'm hoping to bump into a game that really gets to me, like Real Racing did. But as long as such is game is not in the picture, I'll await Gangstar...

11. Theorian

Theorian Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
  12. stevetamis

stevetamis New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Whats the next big title?

Hi everyone,
    I love to play games on my iPhone and recently i played
    Real racing and i must say its an amazing game. I would
    like to know what would be the next big releases and When?

13. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    the next three big games that will probably come in 1-2weeks is imech, touch ko, and minigore for me. and i think its gonna come out in that order