Whats the next big title?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Genius, Jul 20, 2009.

1. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I really don't get the hate for EA... sure, their initial games on the platform were not great, but as of late they have put out some great content (bar Mass Effect Galaxy).

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

The only title I'm anticipating and confirmed that it's being developed is the next RPG from Gamevil, Hybrid~Eternal Whispers. Not really interested in other titles especially stuff like Gangstars or however it's spelled.

3. emulator

emulator Member

Apr 29, 2009
    only with the nude patch!

4. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Minigore
    LiveFire/KillTest
    Gang$tar
    Legion of Amon
    TouchPets Dogs
    Warp Gate
    Red Alert
    Portal Clone (if approved by Valve)

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Haephestos's list is mine too :p

6. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009

i want LiveFire/KillTest,Gang$tar but i dont know when either are coming out i have so many more games i want to buy but no money...

7. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    Warp Gate, far and away my most anticipated game.

I'll be curious to see how LiveFire and iMech turn out... defintitely interested.

8. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Gang$tar is said to be released in mid August. I don't think NgMoco has given a release date for their FPS yet. I know how you feel about the money. I will most likely have to wait till Christmas.

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    It seems like we're in this kind of weird holding pattern right now. There are a bunch of anticipated games that are either pending approval or close to it. It seems like some of them (Touch KO, Minigore) are taking longer than everyone's expected, but I kind of think once one of them comes out, a floodgate will open, and there will be 2 or 3 big titles in one day. Perhaps just wishful thinking...it seems like there hasn't been a really big title in a while.

10. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm glad it's taking longer to release these. It means the devs are taking their time to perfect it, and it also means that the games are getting more complex.

11. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Kill Test/Live Fire
    Madden 2010
    Gang$tar

12. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I agree with this...I think many people are frustrated with the inconsistent amount of time it takes Apple to approve games that are already submitted.

13. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

How do you know Mid August??

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    touch ko and minigore has already been submitted so they cant get any better. unless some updates. And those two arent taking longer than expected. Games that were released during last week took 15 days to get released. which means touch ko and minigore will be released after 15 days when they were submitted.

15. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    dont know if anything is in the works, but i would love to see a bomb lucasarts product come to the iphone...

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    That's not exactly what I mean...I for one wonder why it takes over 2 weeks of approval time, especially when for certain developers it is a much quicker process. That's what I meant by Apple being inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, I can wait...I haven't made one post on those 2 game's threads, although I'm waiting for both.

17. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    i agree, i see a definite bias in the apple app store. it seems the little devs dont get as much "help" as the big names...

18. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    I got it from some site last night, but I can't find it again.

19. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh :(

Well if you ever do cross it again, please be sure to PM me, or post it here :eek:

I'm so excited for Gangstar i'm willing to read every article on it :)

20. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    there not being unfair. too be honest chillingo is a big publisher for the appstore. And if they did let apps made by big names get there apps approved faster i dont think thats fair. but i dont think they approve apps based on how big a company is.