What's the most money you've spent on any one game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KineticBlur, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Didn't wow come out in 2004?

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    iOS: $73 in Zen Pinball
    Console: $72 Mario Kart 8 + DLC (Or if you want to count Smash 3DS and Wii U $100)

3. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I've spent similar, maybe a little less on Hearthstone. Damn Blizzard and their addictive games :eek:

4. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    At least $28 on just CS: GO cases and keys. Skins I have spent around $15 on and the game was gifted to me by a friend, so I guess a one time buy most I've spent was $120. Technically two games, TLOU and GTA V

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Duh! For some reason I thought you were talking about a game that www only a couple of years old.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah, I think my math might still be right though. Who knows.

7. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Silly me.... I was thinking you could spend about $100, and have everything you want or need.

8. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    69 dollars for the collectors edition of monster hunter 4 ultimate :3

9. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    I was just om the App Store, and I was reading a review of some. Tycoon game.... Guy said he spent close to $500 in IAP!!! Who the hell does that?

10. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    $25 gets you the first Single Player expansion pack, which includes must-have cards for building competitive decks.

Another $25 gets you the second Single Player expansion pack, due next month which will undoubtedly by a "must-have" to unlock the latest cards.

Besides the above, $50 gets you 40 card packs, containing 5 cards each. Out of these, 1 is guaranteed a rare or better. Rare... is not actually rare - you have "more rare" cards termed "Epics" and "super super rare" cards termed "Legendaries" which are the cream of the crop. Getting all Legendaries takes either a crapton of grinding (months and months and months), or about $200+ as an initial investment.

But we're not done yet....! You have super-awesome GOLDEN VERSIONS of every single cards which are double the 'e-value' of their normal versions, which come with shiny animations that keep your eyes glued to the screen. All in all... it's a super sneaky yet very effective way for Blizzard to milk the cash cow.

EDIT: And damn, has it worked ;o
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Hearthstone-Could-Earn-30-Million-Year-63332.html

11. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #31 JasonLL, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    iOS - Warhammer Quest - Bought everything except legendary items since those were given to the characters at the start without earning them, those felt like cheats to me.

Xbox360 - Pinball FX 2 (Zen Pinball) - Easily around a hundred dollars worth of DLC I picked up for that game

Xbox360 (honorable mention) - Diablo III and X Com - Bought the base games then later bought the games again with expansion.

PC - Lord Of The Rings Online - Purchased a lifetime membership for $199 a year and a half before the game went free to play plus paying for the base game.

12. Birdman47

Birdman47 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    World of Warcraft, played it for over 5 years. In addition to the monthly fees, there was quite a bit for character customization and Server transfer. But compared to the time played it was really not much.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yeah, I played WoW one year but that sums up to just 200,- € (plus game and expansions). Chaos and Order... around 150,- €. Online poker... around 2500,- €, until I got the hang of it and started winning, that went eventually equal and quitted at that time. Only playing Poker in real life now. I hope I never have to sum up what I spent on iOS gaming in total since 2009. And then there is my PC library and Steam... :rolleyes:

14. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    £2000 this year on clash of clans, puzzle and dragons, and a bunch of other f2p crap.

Joking.

Around £50 for a PS3 game probably. I don't really waste much money on games. I save it to waste on clothes.

15. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    For me it would probably be the Kingdom of Loathing (an on line browser based text/rpg game). The game itself is free to play, but in exchange for donations of at least $10 thet offer special items each month. Last year they also introduced subscriptions i think, but i'm currently in a somewhat less active period. Even so, over the course of years i probably spent approxmately $200-$300 i think.
    If you've never tried it, seriously, check it out, it's a lot of fun. Although it could be a bit, uh, overwhelming for a new player. They've also been pouring more work into better support for mobile devices recently, although I purely play on my desktop so i wouldn't be the best person to judge that.

16. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Probably around $200 total on Game of War ios. And yes I regret it. The money didn't make the game any more fun to play. In fact the higher levels it brought me to made it less fun. Longer wait timers and more risk of loss. The game was much more fun at lower levels and eventually I quit playing despite putting more money into it than any other game on any platform.

17. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    It sickens me to think about it, but I spent probably close to $1500 on NHL 2014.

18. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Seriously, stop. Uninstall the game right now!

19. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    In my home country, gaming is super super pricy. When I got a DS, I went out to get a game. They had a very few selection, and so I had to pick something. Chose the least expensive: The Sims DS for 90$.
    I know it's tame next to you guys, but I was like 15 at the time, and imagine a parent shelling like 300$ for a gaming device AND 90 to even run it. The game was crap but god I played the crap out of it to make up for it.

20. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    It makes me crazy, that was last years version, I didn't get this years. So I spent that much building the greatest fantasy hockey team known to man which was only really usable for less than 12 months. I'm just not satisfied with playing that kind of game, I have to make everything just perfect, that gets expensive, insanely fun though, and if u include time spent on the app, I put an easy thousand hours into the game.