What you need to do to get into the China market on your own

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, May 11, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    If you want to do it on your own you need to do the following:

To get advertising income you need to register with Tencents

You have to have a proper Chinese id to verify that you are legally qualified to receive money.

You need to open a Chinese bank account

To have in app purchase or games purchased you have 5 important sites to upload your game to. 2 of these sites 360 and Baidu will not accept your game unless you have a Chinese corporation

I hope this is helpful

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    ? You might want to specify what exactly you mean. You make it sound like the China market is somehow special in access?!

This is a heavily iOS driven website and it sound like you are talking about third party android markets.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #3 1stSPIN, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    We just recently experienced the best result with a free game, Hardest Stickman Games and yes it was on Android and not IOS. The return is about 2,000 to 6,000+ RMB a day. Hardest Stickman Games 2 is nearly ready to be launched and we just launched stickHero / My Hero in China. We are testing to see if we can have consistent results. The amount currently is not huge but satisfying. stickHero is a combination of free with ads and in-app purchases a first for us, we will see how that model works. The game was just approved by Apple today.

[​IMG]

game link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-hero-stickman-saga/id978927227?mt=8

We have our fingers crossed

I should mention that we are not having great results in markets outside of China which is OK and interesting. If we can have a good run in China it will be a good start for us.

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    It looks a step up in quality over your previous games you posted.

5. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #5 1stSPIN, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Thanks. Trying to make each game better than the previous but still in the renovation business of looking at good games and trying to make them better.

We managed to get it up on Apple with in app purchase but still have a problem with google. If you have a solution I would appreciate hearing. We keep getting an error message.

We are aiming at the China market but Apple games with purchases cannot be seen from China at least on my phone and iPad so we need the android market. I am still a believer that the outside market is strong but I need to find the solution to get some traction. We have a small trailer for this game which is a new additional way we will market and will post it on Youtube and Youku in China once we clear up the China problem of needing a limited company to post in-app purchase games. One site Xiaomi does not need it and it is big so once it is approved for there we will post the trailer

6. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    It is likely a problem with your code since the API for inapp purchases is relatively straight forward. There isn't much you can change in the backend of google play so long as you have setup them up correctly. I suspect it is problem with the code which isn't really something you can just say oh I had this error and provide no context.

7. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Thank you. I agree google could not make it complicated and it must be a simple error on our part, we will go over the code again.

8. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Xiaomi just approved our game.
    This is what an approved email looks like, I used the google translator:

Hello!

We are pleased to inform you that: your application "My Hero" has millet application store shelves.

Your application can already be millet application store download. Welcome you to submit your application to more millet application store. The following is the application of information you shelves:

Application Name: My hero
    Application package name: **************.stickhero
    Version Name: 1.0
    Category: Games - creative leisure
    Application Show Address: ******************
    And you can immediately click on the following links to jump millet open platform for your application updates and editing.

If you have any questions about the above information, please contact millet application store team to solve your mailbox: ***************

Millet application store team

May 12, 2015

9. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    My understanding is that you can post a pay app in China on the Google Play Store, but you cannot post an app with IAP. Wouldn't a simple solution be to make another version of your app that is pay once up front, and only release it in China?