What would Google+ be doing here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    We have Verizon wireless for our phones. Our plan renews each month on the 19th ( for data purposes ). We have a 4gb monthly allowance. We have never gone over until this past Sunday.... 2 days into the new month of data.

On Sunday, I turned my phone on and got a message that we were already at 75% of our monthly plan. WTH? No clue how that happened.... about 30 minutes later I got a notice that we were at 90%.... and just a short time after that, I got a text saying our data plan had been fully used.... So, I called Verizon and they said all the data was being used by my wife's phone. They hooked me up with a technician who talked me through a procedure on the phone, and we found that 98% of our allotted data was used by Google+ in just 2 days. Actually, my wife did some of the work with the guy, and I guess he told her how to stop it from happening.

My wife said she went on Google+ for about 10 minutes on the 19th.

Anyway, what do you think was going on there? She did not ask why it happened, or she doesn't remember why, if the guy told her..... I just want to make sure it never happens again.

I know she wasn't using any kind of video feature.... she hates being in front of a camera.