iPad what types of games do you want do see?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pablo19, Dec 14, 2008.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Very simple gaming (tic-tac-toe....)

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Games similar to internet flash games

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. In depth, computer like games

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. I need variety

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    There is and incredible variety of games in the appstore. But I have been drawn the most by games similar to those in miniclip or other minigame sites. Amateur surgen recently came out and I thought "this is what iphone gaming should be about". And I was just curious what do people in this forum prefer: simple games like tic tac toe, connect 4....? More in depth games like 1112, probably simcity, BIA, HOS......? Or games similar to flash versions found in internet gaming sites?

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I would love to see a good fighting game.

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    what do you mean by "good" a fighing game with many stages and graphics similar to BIA. A fighting game similar to those in miniclip. Or...well you can't make a fighting game very simple.

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Flash games ftw. I want so many flash based games that are perfect for iPhone. They are really fun and high quality games. I just want a game similar to Max Dirt Bike. What is taking so long devs??! It is a simple idea, and should be easy to port over. Perfect for either touch or tilt controls (or combination of both).

5. Phoenixfury

Phoenixfury Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I'm a retro arcade nut and have a lot of the retro titles like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, (the controls for Frogger need fixed!) Break Out, and Centipede. With that said I'd love to see some more retro titles come out. There is one in particular I think would play perfectly well on the Apple mobile platform and that's Q*Bert. Give Q*Bert the same swipe controls as Pac-Man and you would have the perfect control system for a home version of Q*Bert. Unlike d-pads, the touch screen would be easy to swipe on diagonals. :)

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm still waiting for a Sonic the Hedgehog game from Sega, but not the old version that came out for the click-wheel iPods, but a new one, kinda like Sonic Advance... I'm a Hedgehog fanboy :(

7. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    I wanna see a good mario-esq platforming game with good controls, a good RPG preferably something like that Zelda game that came out on DS, Bowman (I think bowman would be awesome on iPhone so if anyone wants to make it I'll gladly buy it), a good point and click game (Sam and Max anyone?), a good FPS (hoping for zombie mangle), Max Dirt Bike, and Worms. If all of these were made I would buy eat my socks (and, of course, buy them).

8. lazyrawr

lazyrawr Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Definetly flash type games and...Face Shooters! (surprise)
    I get bored fast, so I like games with high scores. Stuff u can pull out of my pocket and play for a few minutes, and not worry about losing progress.
    Ok back to Blast! I gotta get a 50 combo!!!

9. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    I would like to see decent ports.. Final Fantasy for iPhone would be SOO nice.. Or Track mania for iPhone :D

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I want Sonic on iPhone too, but 3D (Sonic Adventure style or action stages from Unleashed) with controls like Snail Mail!

Overall, i'd say variety is best. We need a good mix of cheap $1 puzzle games and $10 in depth, high quality games.

11. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I would really like to see some more big action games
    like Battlefront 2 (never gonna happen!) or EV Nova.

12. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I don't really care about graphics, the SNES and Genesis had plenty of great fighting games.

The only fighting game available right now is Funky Punch and it sucks. Hard.

The problem are the controls, Funky Punch had on screens buttons and that didn't seem to work, maybe they could make a game where you tap on the screen for normal attacks and draw shapes with your finger for special moves or something, or maybe we will have to wait for something like the iControl Pad to come before we see a decent fighter.

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    \

Trackmania for the iPhone (or in my case iPod Touch) would be sheer awesomeness. But the graphics and physics... then again, it IS coming out for the DS...

14. LinXitoW

LinXitoW Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Id like to see an innovative game that makes use of the iphones/touches unique traits, but takes it further than just basic accelorameter steering.

caterogie-wise id like to see a big rts, that doesnt port old concepts to the new controls, but that is built upon the controls, like Galcon, but with more complexity.

15. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    For sure!

16. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Emulators my good man. I have some great fighting games on my phone thanks to the genesis and snes emulators (available to zodttd beta testers only) Also i can play some wicked michael jackson's moonwalker!!! Sweet!

17. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Who said tic tac toe?? D:

18. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    My phone isn't jailbroken, so I'm missing out on those sweet things like emulators and stuff. :(

19. Technologic

Technologic Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Strategy games...

Catan like on XBox Live
    Xplorers like on games.asobrain.com (similar to catan)

Acquire (the old 3M Bookshelf game)
    Conquest (similar to Acquire, made for the Palm OS)

A good Freecell solitaire

20. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I think an Final Fantasy style RPG with SNES graphics, and turn based combat would be just what the iphone needs. Turn based combat takes the pressure off making some kind of super amazing combat control interface and lets the devs concentrate on the game. Just use a good old final fantasy menu system and let us take our time to choose our moves. Can't fail!

Of course if a really innovative combat system comes out (and I mean alot more innovative that Hero of Sparta) then an RPG could be really stand out.