What type of games you want to download?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by najmulgony, Mar 22, 2015.

?

What things you are consider before download any Games?

1. Icon, Name, Screenshot

67.9%
  2. Gameplay video

64.3%
  3. Description

50.0%
  4. Review from Toucharcade

71.4%
  5. Friends Recommendation

39.3%
  6. User Rating and Review of app store

46.4%
  7. Free games

3.6%
  8. Free premium

10.7%
  9. Paid Games

32.1%
  10. Paid Games without in app purchase

42.9%
  1. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Well, I see a game that has a cool and catchy (or just totally weird) name like kiwanuka or something, I look at it. If I like the icon like Leo's fortune, I click on it. I quickly check the dev and the price. If it's free, I look at the screenshots and If I like what i see I download cos I be nothing to lose if it's crap! If it's paid however, I look more closely at the description, the pics and, if it has one, the gameplay trailer on the AppStore. If it makes me smile like dark echo, I go on TA and check if it has a review. If so, then I read it and if I'm intrigued and have an extremely large grin on my face then I check the appspy vid on you tube. Finally, I check the mb or gb and buy it :D

2. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    That's true. I do wonder how high that bar really is though, given the quality of the lowest-end of the iOS games out there. It feels a bit like the approval process is more to weed out games that simply don't work or are just rotten with obvious copyright infringement than any real stamp of quality. That those products can exist on the android market is maybe not something to celebrate.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yes, it's definitely not great if your IP gets ripped off, but my cousin quite enjoys her 50+ Elsa themed games; i.e. players don't really get damaged by this, at least not directly.

4. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    yes marketing is a solution; but a bad game can also go for marketing and drive a good download..... so?

5. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    Every day lots of games are releasing, TA or other review site gives review some of them, and appstore shows only top charts of different category. then how you will find a new game?

6. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    then how we can makes visibility for a good game, only Marketing is not a good solution.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    A good game will get seen, theres so many gamers out there someone will spot it and post 'hey has anyone tried this ?' and then the audience grows and grows as they realise its a good game.

Thats what happened to Leos Fortune here, arrived with no fanfare, no hype, no upcoming thread. Just turned up and word of mouth is what makes games such as this (And Monument Valley) massive hits.

First of all you just need to make a good game, not some cheap flappy bird clone or 'simple' game which has been copied a thousand times before. Leos Fortune oozed quality and was loved by many people, sold well.

I personally dont see 'many' quality games slipping through the net as people spot them. What i do spot are many rubbish games where people throw marketing money/shill accounts/spam/fake reviews on the app store and the game still does nothing despite being 'well known'.

I would say concentrate on getting a great game done first, if its good lots of people will jump on the bandwagon and you'll see a snowball effect as more and more people want it

Dont mean to sound harsh but i dont have much confidence in a decent game when you release things such as 'love wallpaper' or whatever it is. If you want to show yourself as a professional up and coming developer when it comes to future games, dont release free rubbish apps.

8. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    I think it was Rami Ishmail from Vlambeer who said something to the effect of: being successful requires your game be outstanding just as the price of admission. Meaning that if the game is not outstanding, no marketing push is going to really gain you traction. But also that it's not always enough to just be outstanding... you have to be able to sell people on it, as well, in whatever form that takes.

9. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    #29 najmulgony, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Thank you very much for your advice, yes i am doing some rubbish thing to get some knowledge about the appstore. but in future i will not do this type of thing. That was an experimental work and i have no expectation from that app. I am also trying to develop some good games. that's why i want to know lots of thing. and i have lots of question.
    Anyway in near future i will release something interesting and unique games named 'Cannon Shooter' it will be a shooting game based on puzzle.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Maybe I'll miss them until I see other gameplay from the user or my friends invite me to play with them. :)

11. najmulgony

najmulgony Active Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Game Marketing
    Dhaka
    hmm, this is the problem, we need to solve.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    With so many games out there and tons to play on my device i'm now getting quite picky

If a game has spelling mistakes on its app store screenshots or app description I tend to stay away. If they can't be bothered to check these issues then it makes me nervous to buy the game itself.

I also tend to look at the devs history, if its full of crappy apps then again i'll stay away as it doesn't give me much faith.

The app store screenshots/description help sell the game to people who are on the fence