What the heck is happened to the toucharcade website?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by zieme666, Jul 8, 2018.

1. zieme666

zieme666 New Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Male
    Hey guys. This is probably my very first post here in your forum so please excuse me if I open a topic of something what is already under discussion somewhere else. To be honest I hope so, than unfortunately I come with bad news.

I visit this website from the days I bought my very first iPod Touch and later the iPhone 2G. So that would be quit a time. As a very loyal user I'm visiting this site EVERY SINGLE DAY at least once. Scrolling down, if I see something interesting, I'm going into it. That's it. So I guess we can say that I am a very regular user. Today it was the fist time, that visiting my fav. app website has made me a little upset. (I attached a screenshot). I want to ask you guys: what I am looking at? I just imagine if I open this site for the first time I would close it clueless and probably would never open it again.

I'm calling myself a web designer for more than 10 years so I presume that I have at least the right to start a discussion about your web design. I remember the first time you changed the site. Even that wasn't the brightest idea to be honest. Now, finally you lost the focus completely. But I don't wanna hate here at all and tell you what I am thinking. I strongly believe that the focus of a website about apps/games should be about apps and games in the first place. Not about forums, not about twitching stuff (which I don't understand) and also not about begging for support money. If you people struggling with money for doing this (until today good job) then you should rethink the business model at all. *sorry to be mean. What I like to see when I open this site are simply big screenshots (portrait or landscape) from the games, a short headline and probably 3 demo lines of the article. Something what makes me interesting in the content. Now, as you can see on the screenshot, it is all about to guess what are you people writing about.

Maybe you guys are still in transition and you still figuring out how to use this site properly. I know also about the problems a already crowded site can make and apologize if I am just to quick by judge that way. But I saw this happen in exactly the same way with the website GAMETRAILERS. They traded their souls to some media concern who didn't give a f*u*k about what the users like to see. And in the end nobody remembers this site anymore. Don't make the same mistake and if necessarily, kick some asses to make this site to one the best of it's kind again. I'm sure you guys can see the point.

Best of luck with this project...

Janó Zieme

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-08 um 18.27.37.png

Attached Files:

Talbs likes this.
  2. Bloop2121

Bloop2121 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Sellouts! Site is crap now, use to check here daily, now maybe once a month

Dema9o9ue and Talbs like this.
  3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ