iPad What the best RPG for the iDevice?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hhsc, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Hhsc

Hhsc Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Student
    Michigan
    Well I searched TA and couldn't find a thread like this so I decided to make one :).

So what is the best role playing game (RPG) in the app store? I know there are many games in this genre, but I want to know which one TA members find best.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    CONGRATS! Best RPG I own is Pocket god, not really an RPG but yes actually an RPG.../

3. Ecko7123

Ecko7123 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    i havent tryed any others but i like orions

4. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    True RPG?

Look no further than The Quest!

This will give you tons of hours of gameplay.

5. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
  6. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    im lookin at the quest currently but i havent bought it.
    vay is pretty good but it gets a little repetitive with the "level up then beat a boss find a new town the do it again" kinda gameplay

7. Hhsc

Hhsc Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Student
    Michigan
    Yeah I have Pocket God too, but I'm going on a 6 hour car ride this week, and I thought a good RPG would do me some good.

I will need to look further into that! It looked interesting from a review I saw...

That's odd why I didn't find it. I searched RPG, rpg, and Role Playing Game but yours didn't come up :confused:

8. Hhsc

Hhsc Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Student
    Michigan
    Yeah that's what I thought about it too.

I'm personally into the little sprites you walk around with :))) and not the first person view.

9. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    but heres my take on this, ive only played arvale and dungeon and heroes and i would recommend both, arvale took a long time to beat and it just got a big update, and i've just started playing D&H and i do agree that the arrows can get annoying for controls but it is still a fun game so far.

10. Ecko7123

Ecko7123 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Try Orions: Legend Of Wizards if you like RPG card games its pretty fun and has nice graphicsone of the best IMO

11. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    With no doubt: The Quest!

12. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    The Quest, no contest. It also has the best graphics for an RPG on the iPod touch, and offers awesome Elder Scrolls gameplay!

13. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Eh, I don't like the graphics. It doesn't have polish. I prefer Legend of Feanor's graphics better, and it's 2D.

14. Nemico

Nemico Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Long time lurker here.
    I made an account to tell you to get The Quest if you're looking for something deep with huge replay value. Oh, and well to participate in discussions :D

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    When do graphics make a game better or lesser than another? The Quest is incredible!! Heck games on the NES beat the crap out of a lot of games that are out these days in terms of sheer fun and replay value. :)

16. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I would disagree. Polish does not mean the graphics have to look modern. To each his own! Personally, the style of visuals fit the game and it's overall amazing. I hope your comments don't turn off potential gamers, as really, they will be missing out on plenty of deep gameplay. :)

17. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Never said that, but I don't like the game either. :eek:

18. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    is the quest really that good? does it lag? it's a bit pricy for me at the moment...

19. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    I disagree, the graphics have a style to them, and it they have ALOT of polish. I think you mean that some of the stuff is not 3d, that is the style.

20. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Vay will always be my favorite for the iDevice, mostly due to the great memories and nostalgia factor.

Even beyond that, it's still a great game, even today.

There's still a good number of other iDevice RPG's I've yet to complete and play through, but I don't think any of them will top Vay in my eyes. Still amazed to this day that it was even ported to the iDevice, never mind being one of the first. Game was virtually unknown before that by anyone, somewhat due to the Sega CD being almost as unknown as well. Vay is the reason I purchased an iDevice in the first place. ^ ^