What song are you guys listening to at the moment?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Oct 22, 2010.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

You should all listen to Game of Pricks by Guided By Voices.

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Aside from Riot, I'm going to go ahead and say that's their best song. I haven't heard all that much of them, admittedly, but for me, it's their best song.

As for me, I'm listening to Scare Don't Fear - Scene of the Crime. It's some sick combo of rap and screaming, and I'm not exactly sure why I like it, but I do.

3. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I'm listening the album "Zeroes QC" by Sunns. I'm too old now to enjoy music anymore but I like so much this album, can't believe it. :)

4. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Too old to enjoy music? Man, there's no such thing as too old! You can listen to it virtually anytime, and there's something for everyone. I fail to see how anyone can consider themselves too old for such a universal thing.

5. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Mmm well it could not be a general rule but quite common, just need look around to know I'm not alone.

I don't mean heard music, for sure anybody can at any age and even take a little pleasure from it. But listen is another matter. Either you have listen too often those old marvelous album, either you'll say yourself "modern music" isn't your stuff, anyway you end get bored to listen music, but sure not to heard it.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'll be listening to death metal when im 70. Given that the music hasn't shattered my eardrums rendering my hearing useless by then.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah it's a great song.

Now I'm currently listening to Captiva by Falling Up.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You'll definitely be deaf.

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Same here, bro. I don't give a crap how old I get, I'll still be blaring all sorts of rock and metal until it gets to a point where I'm deaf. I'll be the one old dude out there still bangin my head whenever I hear some crazy song.

NP: Slipknot - Eyeless

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nuh Uh.

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Haha, even if I do end up going deaf, I'm sure I'll have at least a few songs memorized to the point where I'll be hearing them in my head.

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Same here. Untill my alzheimer's kicks in. Then we'll see how much I remember.

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    This is beyond Alzheimer's... I'll make sure to get at least one song so embedded into my head by then that nothing can screw it up.

The day my music goes is the day I go... I don't think I've ever made it through a day without listening to any metal at all... It's just a part of my life now, and there's nothing that's going to change that.

NP: Slipknot - Left Behind

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That album and the one before it were awesome. Everything after that was complete garbage lol

15. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well let pick 60 old guys, they had 19 in 1969. Now pick people you know that old... Apart listening rarely some old stuff from their youth... Ok people that continue play music often that could be different. But only listening and not just hearing, well.

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Eh, I like all their albums. Left behind, wait and bleed, spit it out, pulse of the maggots, duality, dead memories, sulfur, heretic (or w/e it's called), psychosocial are some of my favorites.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I just couldn't dig on it that much. For some reason ever since Corey Taylor joined Stonesour, slipknot is just another bitch ass metal band.

They put on one f*ck of a live show though, nuff said.

18. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    I know this is pretty nowere, but do you know what is the name of the band with the logo where we can see like three rabbits.

19. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Greet Death by Explosions in the Sky

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah dude, all their stuff is sick, but it's the old stuff that really stood out. Left Behind, Spit It Out, Wait and Bleed, The Blister Exists, and my personal favorite Eyeless were not only flat out insane, but were really original too. I've still never heard anything like it... Incredible stuff man.

Their new stuff ain't bad either, but it's just not the same. I love crap like Psychosocial and Dead Memories, but it's just not the same old Slipknot.