What song are you guys listening to at the moment?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Ill Bill - Alien Workshop - Paul Baloff

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Any1 else cant wait on the comfirmed DJ Premier & Nas album?

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere

Idk why I enjoy this as much as I do tbh

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Stray Cats - Rock This Town.

It's 80s night in my lonely bedroom at 6am.

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
  6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Just checked out the link. PM is worthy, but the comment section? No wonder so many dismiss Rap/R&B/Hip-Hop. :rolleyes:

Horrible spelling, grammar, bizarre misogyny/homophobia (which always makes me think, "Closeted."), awkward faux machismo... It's like an 8th-grade class "pretend you're an angry illiterate person with no future" writing assignment... Ugh.

Too bad, because there really is a lot of intelligence within the Rap/R&B/Hip-Hop community, but most never get to see/hear it.

DBC

7. Love Chevelle and Deftones. And Mastodon.

Attached Files:

8. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth

I think he gets the point. True, if you look @ The Rhyme Animal's insight on the internet, there should b no more excuses for never. i realize more 7 more youth gravitate than deal wit mainstream especially on youtube. Us that go by Aminta Ross tactics worry not bout th dissin or feed n2 th HIP HOP is dead vibe, itz juz our love 7 help from thoze tht keep th light on. @ my fountain of youth im still learning, forever will B Boy. I must have done something right in my life for i am a very proud uncle for intelligence. I have many diff. interests in music, itz my main = "Rap is something you do. HIP HOP is something you live!" Check out The Blast Master's new book if ya grey labrynth likez flippin pagez.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcxzmoZGQk&feature=share&list=RD40dmSd3nWnbh0

UNDERGROUNDKRSONE

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Am I the only one who finds it difficult to read that ?

Old skool hip hop i love (Public Enemy, NWA etc) but just not keen on any of it recently with all the 'i'm so rich....' type rappers etc.

10. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I usually have no idea what he's trying to say, and end up getting frustrated and ultimately bored trying to decipher it. (no offense to the OP).

I hear you on the old vs. new thing. What frustrates me is there is SO much good stuff out there, but it gets clouded over by performers who pretend to be much less than they are while simultaneously pretending to be more (illiterate and rich, frankly). I actually wrote a paper about it for one of my Grad School profs, a PhD with names like Too Short (Yes, THAT one.) on her speed dial. She loved it, and we ending up having a pretty intense conversation about where Rap is today and how it got here. Here's a hint, it's about money, and not in the places some might think... ;)

Have you heard Common? Talib Kweli? Mos Def? Jurassic 5? There's a bunch more intelligent Rap out there, and these guys are all pretty accessible... it isn't ALL Drake and the latest "Lil' Whatever..." ;):D

"Nahmeen?" ;):rolleyes::D

DBC

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    I realize thiz aint a HIP HOP site & ima have to tone it down. I wuz praised for my postz long ago by many but thiz aint that time or place for those that like to decipher my writtenz or juz HIP HOP it. Uno?imsayin? Even with the simplest i like to read and decipher alot. I like to put my Third Sight to use. You have to go underground because with your visualisation on "the recently" it has always been there. There is more mindframes of PE's & NWA's sounds out now than ever. More & more youngstas are pissed off that what they hear on the radio mainstream aint happnin. And how many women MCs have you heard spit real fiya in their lyrics wit diversity in upliftment storytelling & creativity?

Black Sheep - You Mean Im = I aready knew the meaning before he explained it. Just as well wit Nas & HIP HOP is dead. Very cool to me.

Temple of HIP HOP ZULU NATION!! P.e.a.c.e. to
    B Boys 7 B Girls globaly

12. Agree completely. I don't understand why most people in my high school enjoy that drivel they like to call "hip hop" and "rap." They need to be educated what rap really is, instead of the same songs from every new artist. Same lyrics, same beat, same everything. Common, The Roots, etc. are definitely the exception.

More metal, less rap. Metal is so underrated.

13. Rhihanna - Take a bow

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I kid you not, I saw you were the last person to post and said "Rihanna" to myself as I clicked the thread title.

15. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, it bums me out every time I hear someone talking about how "down" they are while acting the clown. If you're acting the fool, you're not "keeping it real," because that's not real, it's an affectation...

Perhaps not ironically, I'm listening to Common's "I Used to Love H.E.R." this morning...

Dude really just spells out where Hip-Hop, Rap, & R&B are today, and how they got there...

Great track, and too bad more of the "cool" kids aren't hearing the lyrics...

Rounding out my listening for the day, The Smiths, Iron Maiden, My Bloody Valentine, and most recently, some older Porcupine Tree...

DBC

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Hey Connector. What goin on witcha bro?
    Well, since it is over
    Kittie - Spit
    the whole album

17. 7lilwhitewolf7