What plans has SquareEnix?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kintaro360, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    How great are the Chances, that we will get FF VII or others for the iPhone?

It would sell the shit out of the Appstor, 4 sure, what do you think?

But Crystal Defenders pretty sucks...

2. dk206

dk206 Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    No chance, whatsoever.
    I don't think Square have any plans releasing or re-releasing past FF series or anygames of that matter. iDevice doesn't cut if for them. Look at Resident Evil.
    Its their 2nd installment and nothings changed regarding gameplay depth. Don't think Square will follow through at all...

sorry but hardly, unlikely

3. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm not sure. I guess they aren't going to do much more than Crystal Defenders, which is ok, but not great, like their usuals. To be honest, I'd give anything to have KH 365/2 Days and FF Tactics A2 ported to the iPhone. They could at least do that.

4. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I agree, if they did release anything FF it would be instant cash flow for them. It would be nice it they came up with something new just for the touch systems, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

5. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    They did release Vanguard Storm, which is an excellent game.

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I know they're not going to, but they should re-release some of their rarely known games for the iPhone, such as Bahamut Lagoon which never hit America but now has a rom translation that I've started to play. Also, they made an iPod Click Wheel game called Song Summoner that should definetly be ported to the iPhone. Looks kind of like FF Tactics but you use the songs on your iPod as your soldiers. The more you listen to a song the more that soldier gets powered up. It'd work well on the iPhone, although I've never seen more gameplay than is given in the iTunes preview.

7. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I agree for Song Summoner, it is a really nice game but I was too lazy to bear with the wheel controls at the time. Iphone port would be great.

For ports of other games though, I wouldn't hope too much. You have to remember that for these games or re-realeases, Square is charging at least 25 $ on the other platforms, so it wouldn't make sense on a business level to charge standard iphone price when the same game is sold 4 or 5 times the price on Ds.

However, they recently started to turn towards digital retail (iphone but PSN as well) so many they'll go down that road more and more in the future...

8. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Vanguard was an excellent game. I didn't like Defenders as much.

Hopefully they decide to port tactics?

9. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    They should work with Disney to put kingdom hearts coded on the iPhone because the game is coming put for mobile phones but not the iPhone

10. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    :confused: I'm confused why you mention Resident Evil as your reasoning that Square will not release "anygames" for the iDevice. Resident Evil is a Capcom series. Two very different developers.

As for re-releasing past FF games, I would imagine as the platform matures it could cross Square Enix's mind.

11. rebz

rebz New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Square re-released FF7 on PSN for $9.99; that would definitely make sense on a business level since that's the prime price point for most high end, well known franchise games on the iphone.

12. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    It is a good one. I'll have to give it that.

13. CyberData4

CyberData4 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I'd GLADLY pay 30 dollars for a smooth running port of Chrono Trigger.