What makes Creeps and Fieldrunners so good?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by uaq, Nov 22, 2010.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Lol.. Seriously?

2. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    heh heh... I'm eagerly awaiting the OP's response to this too...
    Perhaps he's looking for hardcore numbers like # of levels, difficulty factor, etc.

We've all posted on how we feel about TD games... because quite frankly, it really is about personal preference. Some prefer the intensity of Geodefense... some prefer cutey FR and Creeps. I categorize the difference as "charm". There's nothing really technical that can be discussed. Or if they did, they should give the thread some framework and actually give examples of how the technicals should be 'discussed'.

UAQ,
    What exactly are you looking for then?

3. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
  4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Sentinel 3? Didn't even quoted this name. Plants vs Zombies is too easy but huge, not really a TD. Monster Feed is great but it pushes action very far and it's more Action TD. I tend prefer Action TD but sometimes I only need a more classical TD because I don't want too much action.

Anyway I like your quote so I'll have to check Sentinel 3.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    In my opinion Creeps is much much much better than Fieldrunners. For starters The Creeps has like 50 maps at least. Fieldrunners? Lol, like 3 maps without DLC, and 5 maps with DLC. :rolleyes:
    The creeps has at least 8 or 9 tower types, and a very interesting battery tower. Fieldrunners has like 4 towers without DLC, and 6 with DLC. :rolleyes:
    Fieldrunners doesn't even have a damn fast forward option until you're 75% done a map. It's extremely slow-paced. It's also more expensive than The Creeps.
    I find myself playing The Creeps over and over again. Fieldrunners? It was ok playing through it once, but after that it's off my iPhone for good.

But nothing will ever beat Plants vs Zombies for originality, cuteness, and replayability. It's the most famous TD ever for a good reason.

6. TACG

TACG New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I thought of myself as a big TD fan but when I checked I only have PvZ and Epic War TD still installed. (and I'm ambivalent about calling PvZ a TD).
    I feel that this genre doesn't have big 'keepability'. After I've completed it or gone as far as I can be bothered the game gets chucked. This will definitely happen to the two I mentioned as well.

I've had the best time with sentinel 2 and that one where aliens try to kidnap your sheep. Both of these had really fun weapons and you excel at them if you play with good efficiency. I like striving to be efficient under time pressure. It's pleasantly stressful and its what I'm disliking about epic war TD. (As already mentioned you pause the game for Every Single Tower Placement Or Upgrade.) Not good.

7. uaq

uaq Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Lol indeed.

I have an obsessive personality that flitters from focal point to focal point. I guess at the time of posting this thread I was obsessed with Tower Defense style games. I generally find in the deep throws of this kind of substance binge, my desire for information far exceeds what information actually exists out there.

Looking back through this thread, I can see that people have provided me with adequate answers and I have demanded "MORE" like a greedy hippo.

If Backtothis ever reads this: Sorry man, I was an ass.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's been nearly 9 months since someone posted in this thread, lol. Decided to see who revived it for the heck of it. It's alright man; I'm long past my forum police stage, heheh. You were pretty nice in responding to my post anyways. Where've you been?