What kind of game topic you hate more?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Carlos-Sz, Jan 3, 2009.

?

What kind of game topic you hate more?

1. Game "x" or game "y"?

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Game "x" is out, anyone? (no link, no information, nothing)

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. The 4th topic about the same game...

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Apple should make more than 9 pages...

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. I like them all!!!!

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm just curious about.

Not that I hate any kind of post here... I enjoy this forum a lot and I respect all users equally.

Again, I'm just curious about. :)

2. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

Could I add the famous, "x is now 99c...should I get it?" :D

3. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Man! I completely forgot about this type!! :D

I'll see if there's a way to add another item... Or maybe a moderator could do it.

4. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I voted "The 4th topic about the same game..."

New topics about what game to get CAN be nice, because they will give the topic starter (and other curious people) an idea of what the best games are. And with the rate that new apps are coming out these days, these lists can change pretty quickly. I think that quite a few members change their list of favourite games weekly!

Game "x" is out, anyone? (no link, no information, nothing) can be annoying but often the info will come later anyway. The annoying part of these topics is actually post #2-5 in which people complain about the lack of a link. Of course I prefer a topic that is started by the developer in which he gives the link, screen captures, an embedded Youtube video and info about the price. But those cases are exceptions, and I know it. :) The important thing is that discussions are started about new games so that we can together see if it's something worth spending money on.

More than 9 pages... These are pretty similar to the kind of topic I voted for.

The reason for duplicated threads are the lack of searching. This annoys me most, because often there will be a few threads about a game. Some things that have been discussed and answered/solved already are asked again, even though the answer is already available on the forums. When I search for a game, ideally I'd like to see a list of topics showing up. One of these should be a (one) dedicated topic about the game, and the rest should be "What do you recommend?" topics. (If these show up a lot in search results, it means that the game is recommended a lot :cool: )

5. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    I have no problem with people asking about what games to purchase.

But making 4 topics+ on the same game because people are too lazy to search for one is just plain silly.

6. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I hate the first one the most. Besides, it's usually completely random games like "Which is a better racing game: Critter Crunch or Bounce on?"

7. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    LOL:D, bounce on us better.

I hate it when people start threads about games they would want to see made,
    "Wouldn't it be great if..."- YES! It F**king would but that doesn't help me!
    There is one big thread about games you'd want to see made and people should post there! and not start thousands of threads on it. It's especially Noobs that do this, its just like those people that don't know how to reeboot their idevice and blame the games for the crashes!

8. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    You should put another option saying, "Or Threads Like This?" lol jk.
    I would have to say the "Game X is out!!!"(no link no info) one. It's kind of annoying when there are so many people praising the game and there is no information about it and you spend all this time looking for the game,info and videos on it, but when you finally find all there is to know about it the game turns out to be exceptionally bad.

9. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Only 19 votes?! :eek:

I should have posted in the Games board... And maybe I could add then a new item: "Topic posted in the wrong forum.". :D

10. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Neither. Twitterific, hands down. ;)

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    i'm glad to see i'm not alone with the 9 pages thing...

I mean seriously, stop b1tching about that people! if you have 9 pages of games, then i'm sure you can free up some space for the 4th Sudoku game you're trying to download... Also if you have 9 pages, then i doubt you've paid for a lot of the games, and they're just crappy Lite versions that aren't worth replaying..

GRRR...

That being said, the second most annoying topic is the "I've got $24.50 to spend, which games should i get and why?"

12. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    you should put polls on the list. I hate when people make random polls on stuff. :)

13. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I think it'd be against my own topic. :D

Anyway, it seems that I didn't add some types of possible annoying topics.

14. firstprime

firstprime Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    president of awesome town!
    wexford, ireland
    im ashamed to say.....that i once posted one of those threads.....
    i know, ive let everyone down....
    ill leave now....*walks away gently sobbing and covering bruises that the seniors gave him.*....

15. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    rolando topics :)

Owned :)