iPad What is the SINGLE best game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by brewstermax, Dec 21, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I have a little money in my iTunes account, so I need to know. What is the single best game on the App Store.

I already have Rolando.

2. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    This can be tricky... what do you mean by BEST?

Best graphics?

The most replay value?

Most unique use of the hardware?

Best cost-benefit ratio?

Help us out a bit. Depending on the category you're looking for, there could be several "single best game", you know what I'm saying?

3. brewstermax

Your favorite. What ever it is. Just name me the game that you like the best. The price is irrelevant. I see your point there.

4. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    best graphics is obvious ;)

best game , depend on what you like ... tell us more!

5. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

Rolando.

R-Fly

6. brewstermax

Haha. I still don't have 1112. I may have to consider it, but I don't like adventure games much.

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #7 IzzyNobre, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    Roger that. I'll say that, right now, it's Orions.

It was extremely well priced when I bought it ($2), it shows amazing amounts of polish and content, it is downright addictive, and it suits both long sessions of hardcore playing, and quick bursts while waiting for the train or sitting in line.

Most well rounded purchase so far. I'll tell you this much - I never played a cellphone game sitting at home before. And I certainly never put 10+ hours into a cellphone game before, either.

I think that's why I love this game. I bought it on a whim, and before I knew it, I was sitting on my couch playing it for almost two hours. It marked the moment when I realized "holy shit, the iPhone CAN be a gaming device!"

8. brewstermax

Ohh, well. This is odd, but I have $20 to spend. I guess just name your favorite. But add a few that add up to less than $20. Sorry about that. Orions looks kind of dumb, a second opinion on this one.

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Games that don't have girlfriends?

10. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    I'd say Orion too btw, I played a lot of this game, it's the best you can have for the price...

11. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    warfare inc
    amateur surgeon
    snail mail
    three of my favorites. I never have an absolute fave tho.
    Thinking of buying orion, but now that its up to $5, its not as much of an impulse buy. I think I'll wait until after the holidays to see what i get for hannukah(itunes monies)

12. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Why has no one said Motocrapper yet? lawl

The best for me at the moment is Brain Challenge

13. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    BIA
    Fastlane

2 MUST-Buys

14. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Snail Mail

If you are into casual games then Snail Mail is a good purchase. It's a lot of fun and gives a real sense of achievement when you finish some of the tougher levels. Plus it has a challenge mode with randomly produced tracks.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'll vote for Warfare Inc, too. Didn't know I'd like RTS games that much. The touch controls for it are AWESOME, btw.

My current faves are Rolando (but, hey, everyone's on this forums has it now), Orions, Hyrotilt, SimCity and Tiki Towers. Excluding Rolando, they add up to roughly $16. Did Orions go up allready? If yes, then $18.

A couple free ones to check out are Dactyl (I'm addicted), and Topple.

A few other mentionables are Labyrinth, Snail Mail, and Galcon. While personally not my favorites ('cept Snail Mail, I still kinda love yet sick of Snail Mail), I can certainly see their appeal.

"I can certainly see their appeal." Blegh, I sound like an english teacher.

16. brewstermax

I also have Snail Mail and Warfare Inc., so you all can just skip those. Getting Amatuer Surgeon soon, and have BoD2.

17. im_irish

im_irish Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I would totally recommend getting Touchgrind.

18. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Buy Rolando, Touchgrind, Dropship, SPiN, and Snail Mail and have -1$ left =P . All those games can last me weeks and ate easily worth the $20 for all of them

19. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Hrmm, well I like Zone Warrior. I think it's a great game with good utilization of the accelerometer for control.

A fun, breezy space dogfight simulator that harks back to some of those great games from the mid 90s (for me, TIE fighter style comes to mind). Problem is, while it is has totally awesome gameplay, it lacks an sort of plot, and you just advance from level to level with increasing enemies. I'd love some sort of update, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

But it's only $3.99, so you can get it and something else. Plus I see it getting no love on these boards, though admittedly, if you read the reviews in the App Store, for some reason, some people can't get the controls down, although I think that they are VERY good.

20. brewstermax

Already have them all except TouchGrind. Is it worth it?