What is the deal with Monkey Island 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iPodTouchMan15, Sep 27, 2010.

1. iPodTouchMan15

iPodTouchMan15 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    So I got this game like 2 weeks ago when it was on sale, and I started playing it and it wasnt fun at all. I mean all I did was just walk around and talk to random people. I don't know if I'm supposed to get off the island or what I'm supposed to do. It's really boring in my opinion, so can someone please help me out here?

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    What do you need help with? If it's boring then there is nothing to do logically but delete it.

3. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #3 Rylin, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    It's really the story-telling, humor (lots of it) and that traditional adventure feeling that's missing in a lot of games today. If you can't see that in Monkey Island or weren't around when these games were extremely popular, then you probably won't get into them now. Most kids prefer the Halo's, Call of Duty's, etc. which isn't a bad thing by any means.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #4 Cilo, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    It's a point and click adventure, you follow the plot and figure out puzzles. You actually have to pay attention to what people are saying or have said to progress in the game. Also sometimes when you revisit certain places, events will have changed.

Like Rylin pointed out, the appeal of this was the writing/story, if that doesn't entertain you it won't get better.

Now someone port Grim Fandango or Leisure Suit Larry 7 for me please!!!!

5. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Simpe: It's not your type of game.

6. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Actually i felt sqme way when i started.. I was mostly confused... If your ever stuck use 3 fingers to give u a hint, it makes the game less guesswork and more streamlined, ehich is whay most people prefer today...