iPad What is the best tower defense game out?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by youngTURBO, Dec 19, 2008.

?

Which Game

1. Field Runners

47 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. TapDefense

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. 7 Cities TD

34 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Other?

48 vote(s)
    35.8%
  1. youngTURBO

youngTURBO New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    So far the top guys are Tap Defense, Field Runners and the new kid, 7 Cities?..
    any others?

2. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    besiegement is my favorite. I dont have 7 cities yet, but I have the others and beseigment is my favorite
    (can we count zombie attack? because if so, another favorite of mine)

3. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    iTD and 7 Cities are now my favorites. I have spent more time playing iTD than any other game on my iPhone.

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    7 cities has the depth but I still keep Mote-M because it loads fast and it's tough as nails so games never last more that 20-30 minutes. There is also a sandbox mode to mess around with as well

5. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    I agree with you, I do not currently have 7 Cities but I have many of the other TD's and Beseigement is my favorite as well. (Looking forward to the update.)

6. Current favorites are iTD and Fieldrunners. 7 Cities played a ton last night. Beat easy campaign mode now on normal. But still not so sure I like 7 Cities as much as I hoped to. Give me 10 to 20 more hours playtime or so and I'll see. When new update to Besiegement comes out it'll definitely be something to try out.

7. troile00

troile00 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    7 cities

My vote is for 7 cities, it is thoroughly engrossing. Even though I received it by winning a contest, it is definitely worth not only the sale price, but also the full price it will be at after december.

There is just so much that went into the game, and I can only imagine it will get better with updates. It will actually be the first game I've felt compelled to write an appstore review for.

8. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Besigement should totally be on this poll. It's honetly the most challenging TD on the iphone market. I have both Fieldrunners and 7cities, and while both are great in their own way, Bedigement still tops my chart.

9. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    anyone tried idefend? I never hear anyone mention that game

10. youngTURBO

youngTURBO New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I don't know. Besiegement reminds me of the 486 days... the graphics and fluidity of it looks like ass. So i can't stand to play it...

11. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Right now, I am pretty gosh darn happy with my purchase of 7 Cities. It really brings some new elements to the tired tower defense formula. Thus, at the moment I would rank TD games as follows:
    1) 7 Cities
    2) iTD (a close second! We'll see if 7 Cities can hold up well over time - iTD certainly has!)
    3) Zombie Attack! (ZA!)
    4) Besiegement (truth be told, I loved this game but got really frustrated after getting stuck on a map)
    5) Fieldrunners (the prettiest game, yes. A game I have continued to play after reaching level 100, no)
    6) Mote-M (never understood what all the fuss was about)
    7) Tap Defense (I don't understand why this is in the running. I think it's a terrible game)

12. Wulfsige

Dec 18, 2008
    As far as graphics go, yes it could use a BIG improvment, and I believe that's what the creator is currently working on. However gameplay and difficulty are what made this game fun for me.

One I haven't tried is iTD and it seems quite a few people like it, might have to pick it up.

13. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Glad to see some people mentioning iTD! With all these TDs coming out I'm glad we can compete.

We just submitted iTD Lite to the app store yesterday, you should have a chance to try it out for free after apple approves it:)

14. Wulfsige

Dec 18, 2008
    Great to hear jonaswills! I will defiently be checking it out!

15. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I've been enjoying fieldrunners and 7 cities. They both have their + and -'s. Fieldrunners just screams polish and is so much fun to make your own path, but only 2 maps kinds of turns me off from playing non-stop. 7 cities is also very well made, and I like how i don't really have to think about specifically where to place every tower and just about upgrading my towers and everything. I haven't tried besiegement, and I didn't enjoy TapDefence compared to Fieldrunners and 7 Cities

16. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Tap Defense...cuz it's free?

17. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    My top favorites:

1. iTD - has several towers/upgrades and I think it's the most challenging TD
    2. Fieldrunners - excellent replay value and artwork/graphics
    3. Besiegement - most in depth TD. Lots of upgrades and towers

I might decide to get 7 Cities, but I don't see why so many people like it. It doesn't look as appealing to me as any of the other TD games I have...

18. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Like kennfusion, I have played iTD more than any other game on my phone. I just cannot get enough of the 3 endless modes. I've put countless hours into this game. I've also played fieldrunners and TapDefense, and I can say that I think iTD is the best out of these 3. I'm planning on picking up 7Cities in the next few days to see how it compares as well.

19. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Is there any iTD online score board? I got all 3 endless mode to wave 110+.

7Cities is great. No.1 for me now. :p

20. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    1. Za!
    2. Za!
    3. Za!
    4. Za!
    5. Za!