iPad What is the best Solitaire game?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GatorDeb, Mar 7, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    #1 GatorDeb, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    Well, in my opinion these are the three best games:

Solebon Solitaire - $1.99 - 35 variations of different games - Store Link || Lite Version || AppShopper

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Solitaire City Deluxe - $7.99 - 60 variations of different games - Store Link || AppShopper

Mondo Solitaire - $4.99 - "Over 100 games and over 200 variations" - Store Link || AppShopper

I figured if I buy all three that's $15, which is a steal for around 300 combinations of Solitaire (albeit I bet some repeats) but these are three games that would get TONS of replay. Solitaire City Deluxe started at $8 and went up to $10 for a little bit then went down to $8 and hasn't moved since. Solebon Solitaire was only a couple of bucks so I'm not going to worry about price drops for this kind of game with tons of replay value.

Mondo Solitaire has gone down to a buck. I emailed the dev to see if he does a 3-day sale or something. If they say no, I might just pick it up at $5. $15 for all this solitaire is a bargain.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I like just a simple solitaire game w/o alot of frills, etc. So I got this one.http://appshopper.com/games/card-shark

Theres a deluxe version as well but this suits me find and its free. Originally had issues flipping (double tap) the cards but with the update seems to work fine for me. Its just one type game only but just right for me for quick plays. Probably not the BEST but still a nice one.

3. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I reccomend Whirldwind 21

4. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Thanks! Now I now that Tri Peak Deluxe is also called towers. I was interested in Solitaire City but I didn't notice the game because I wasn't looking at the Ms :D I'm going to Appsnipe it and get it at $5.

Touchmaster on the DS :eek: Those particular games I'm not too fond of but can't wait for most Touchmaster games to make it to the Touch!

5. NienorGT

NienorGT Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Card Shark get my vote for being Free, working with drag and drop and being updated regulary. Tough, there is a bug right now in the game that make you unable to save settings. And the V. 3.3 is taking some long time to come.

Solitaire City would be the best if it would be at least cheaper.

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I like Solebon Solitaire it has like 30 diff games! :D

7. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    BTW I'm looking for one with a ton of games :D

I tried Sol City Free and didn't like it because I didn't like those particular games. The full version DOES come with 60 games instead of 5. If that was a buck, I'd be all over it :D

8. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Please see updated first post with 3 game recommendations :D

9. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have Solitaire City, Solebon, Solebon's Wee Spider Solitaire, and Mondo.

I like the Soldebon cards the best, but found the mechanics a bit annoying. I didn't like having to scroll up and down to see all the cards on the board.

Mondo has some nice themes, but I could not stand how the acceptable cards would be automatically highlighted (and automatically selected if only one option existed) in Spider Solitaire. It felt like the game was playing itself. Sometimes, even though the card is right in front of your eyes, it takes a minute to find it, and to me, that's part of a solitaire game.

Solitaire City is what I keep on my iPod. The cards are not as clear as Solebon's, and the deck themes are just red or blue. There's no option to tap the cards instead of dragging. But overall, I feel that it's the most well rounded gameplay, (admittedly) mainly because it lacks the annoyances I mentioned about Mondo and Solebon. It also has portrait and both landscape options, as well as the option to keep landscape locked for all you bedtime players.

I have to say, though, that if Solebon added a few more customization options and found a way to fit all cards on a single screen (no scrolling), I'd probably have kept it instead. The interface is clean and, by far, the easiest to read.

10. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
  11. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i got mondo when it was .99 i like it

12. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I have most of them but my vote goes to Solitaire City (the only one that I have installed right now).

13. Capeman

Capeman Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Sweden
    I like Solebon the best. It is so easy on the eyes. Most of these other solitaire games are butt ugly...

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    +1

It's a battery hog with the online and chat room but you can always play offline

15. AdrianW

AdrianW Active Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Australia
    I got Mondo when it was a dollar - but I've hardly played it. I just hate the "paper clip" thing for moving more than one card.

I have Solitaire City Lite and it's much better than Mondo - I'd get the full version if it was cheaper.

16. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I have solebon and solitaire city installed. Tried many others. I like "City" because it has tri-peaks, plus all other games i like. Solebon has all but tri-peaks. They both have annoyances, but I like Sol City better. I wish it auto-flipped over cards though instead of me needing to flip them

17. Galley

Galley Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The best-playing game is AcidSolitaire Collection. Sure, there's only three games, but it's worth it. I have completed games in less than 90 seconds. That wouldn't be possible if it wasn't well-designed.

18. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I got Mondo when it was a dollar. It has great gameplay, and graphics, but lags like crazy. Games feel so slow because I have to wait for the cards. Unless it is fixed, stay clear of Mondo.