iPad What is the best game in the entire AppStore?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RaZrVIN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Hey guys, I was just very curious to see what you guys think is the best app(s) in ths AppStore. As of now I think that Hero of Sparta, Warfare Incorporated, Dropship, and Ferrari GT are the best apps as of now. Also I have about $20 to use for games in the AppStore, what do you suggest that I get that is fun and has a good replay value? Thanks to all in advance! Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah! :)

2. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    fastlane

and then orions

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    You said Merry Christmas, so i won't be too hard on ya', but there are a lot of these threads ;) .

Anyway, I am loving Galcon, SPiN, Tanzen, Hero of Sparta, TouchGrind, Enigmo, Trism, and DropShip. As for my favorite, I don't know if I can choose just one, because I play so many of them throughout the days for shorter or longer sessions, they all have their advantages and disadvantages but all are good for what they're for

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    let's hear arn's and blake's opinion :D

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I'd say Fastlane. The difficulty gives the game a lot of replay value, IMO.

Zombie Attack is lot of fun and greta concept, but it only has one level. If it was a more expansive game I'd give my vote to Zombie Attack.

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    From the apps I own, my favourites are:

-BIA (very in depth and we are studying WWII in history right now:D)
    -Monopoly( I can just pick it up and play, great fun)
    -Amateur surgeon (what iphone gaming should be like)
    -Snail Mail (so many people will agree with me here)
    -Touchgrind (pretty casual but it has a lot of replayvalue if you finish it)
    -Appsniper (not a game but very very helpfull when purchasing apps)

7. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    hurry up any games by DS Effect is bomb!!!

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

What about Kwanzaa and Muslim holidays in December?? That's not very nice to leave out Muslims and other religions.

Not one myself, but still. :D

I'd have to say Snail Mail, IMO. But I don't have a lot of major titles, so my opinion may be skewed.

9. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #9 IzzyNobre, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    Right now, I gotta say Orions: Legend of the Wizards

Why, you ask?

Because it shows an outstanding amount of polish, because the gameplay is downright addictive, because it has LOTS of replay value (this is the main point as far as I'm concerned, I like getting the most bang out of my buck), and because despite all of these atributes it costs TWO DOLLARS.

Seriously. Check out these screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does that look like a $2 game to you? Pretty nice looking for such a cheap game, eh? If this game cost three times what the devs are asking for it, I'd understand why.

I've put over 5 hours into this game; I can't recall two dollars giving me this much entertainment before. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Caveat - the game is a little buggy right now, but 1) an update is on its way and 2) ask any of the people who've played it, the bugs don't take away from the game. Even as is, it's well worth the two dollars.

Bottom line - I dare you to find a game that offers the same amount of content and polish for just two bucks ;)

Other amazing games: Warfare Inc (best RTS on the AppStore, hands down), Galcon (online strategy game, not a conventional RTS but still worth checking out) and Fieldrunners (highly polished tower defense game).

10. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    who agrees with me? ds effects and urban tycoon? :p j/k!!!!

11. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    That's because no one likes you :p. I agree though, Fastlane and Monkey Ball are the best, can't get more replayability than that!

12. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Of course I am a HUGE fan of Soul Trapper, but I also enjoy Monopoly because it's my favorite board game, Snail Mail because it takes a very long time to beat it and now I just got Dropship and Orions today! Dropship is great after you figure out the controls and Orions looks great! (I just bought it and read the instructions!):D

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    don't wanna get too off topic here, but does that game come with a tutorial, listen to own music, and a good saving during gameplay system?

14. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    The only thing that detracts from Brothers In Arms is the fact that it's a straight port from the DS version of the game, but costs a whole ten dollars. Surely since they are porting the game and not making it from scratch, they could afford to make it a little cheaper.

For 5-6 bucks I'd get it, even though I already have it for the DS. For 10 dollars, that's a bit too much.

Plus, the DS version had multiplayer.

15. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Yes for tutorial;
    No for listen to your own music. A bummer, but I believe this will be allowed on the next update;
    Yes and no for saving during gameplay. Yes you can sabe during gameplay, but you must do it manually; if you just close the app, your progress will be lost. I've already notified the dev about this and I believe this will also be addressed in the next update. Let's hope!

But again - for $2 I'm willing to let these minor issues slide :)

16. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    For just 2 bucks this game is gonna blow you away.:)

17. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Thanks izzynobre;)

18. RaZrVIN

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    Thank you! I praise you for your insight about Merry Christmas, because almost everyone in my area has forgotten what the "holidays" are all about (ahem). Sorry I'm quite off topic, I just felt I had to say that :D hehe

19. RaZrVIN

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    My sincere apologies, that was very ignorant of me! My apologies to the religions I forgot to greet :) I can't name all of them, good grief! :rolleyes:

20. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Another vote for Snail Mail. Freaking Awesome and perfect game. I have no issues at all with this game. Its just so good. And I've had it for 2 weeks now and I'm still playing it, trying to beat all the levels.