what is best time management game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mookie32155, Mar 9, 2009.

1. zoomom

zoomom Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Right now my favorite is Airport Mania. I generally play through the time-management games until I get expert on all the levels, then I quit.

I just got Hospital Havoc & like it alot so far. Chocolate Frenzy, Sally's Salon, Wedding Dash and Diner Dash are all good too though.

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I hate time management games. I don't find them fun. I tried Sally's Salon and after a couple of minutes I stopped playing. I played Airport Mania and after a couple of minutes I stopped playing (I got them for a buck each). From the first time I picked up Hospital Havoc I was utterly and completely hooked. Easy is too hard for me so I'm waiting for Kiddy mode to go through the whole thing. I can see spending 30 hours easy on it. So that's my favorite, and made go back and give the other two a chance sometime in the near future. But HH for me is the best :)

3. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    djflippy and soup - the task queueing in Hospital Havoc is not "broken." The dev said in the app thread that he tried it with the queue and without the queue and he wanted to try a different type of game that really felt like "havoc" running around and that not doing queueing was a design choice.

4. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Funny how you are now trying hard to make yourself look like the victim. At no point did i reference your post before you started going kamikaze on anyone that disagreed on HH. Are you the creator of HH? No. So why then did you have to start attacking anyone who disagreed with you? It is childish, yes but question is, who is the child here. Think about that.

5. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Let it go.

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Can't we all just get along, or at least agree to disagree.

No need to argue any further, just give your input about the topic and move on.

7. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    This has got to be the lamest argument ever

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008

The "hot" feature review approach is unique! :D

I liked Sally's Salon but I've found the same upgrade issue which made me stop playing it.

Soon I'll pick another TM game and your review kind of helps.

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I know as i have already answered in the thread about Hospital Havoc

10. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Just pointing it out as you said in this thread that it's "broken" ;)

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Sorry I missed all the excitement on this thread...it sounds like everyone needs an "anger management" game more than anything else.

Personally, I prefer Airport Mania and Hospital Havoc...and I don't even do marketing for these guys :)

Let's get this thread back on track and no more accusations.

@djflippy: my apologies for my comment about you and female cartoon characters...your username doesn't necessarily imply anything :p

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Big Albie - now thats the best suggestion yet - where are all the anger managment games !

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I think that's what Pocket God and iDracula are for...but I digress.

14. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    The Mr. Smith app is good too for letting things out in a productive way :)

15. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
  16. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    hot or not

LOL, no. They are rated for gameplay, roughly from best to worst, unless stated otherwise. The "hot or not" was just for fun.

BTW, I like Flight Control also, but I just wish it had more player choice and levels, but those may be on the way. The controls are brilliant.

17. $1 games can't go wrong Sally's Salon, Airport Mania, Supermarket Mania (in that order too). Although Supermarket is a tad different in the since not as many decisions to make compared to traditional ones.

$1 Daycare Nightmare....I don't like this one too much cuz it'll break your queue up everytime you gotta heat up the baby bottle. Reminds me of Nanny Mania and I almost had a seizure playing that one.

Hell's Kitchen $3 not too keen on switching screens from kitchen to dining area.

Havoc Hospital (ok read not queued on purpose) I can't get used to that no way not in this lifetime.

Cake Mania 3 (gonna try this puppy soon) although clicking zoomed in cake bake machine doesn't have me going gagga over it.

Wedding Dash I do like them on my mac though the graphics too look kinda poor on iphone version though which I don't care too much about that but if it effects being able to quickly tell exactly what they want then it may have issues. Same thing with Dairy Queen Tycoon playing on my mac my daughter had issues (same with me) telling apart a Blizzard from a Soda drink since the cups are both the same dark blue.

Diner Dash I believe just came out with demo so gonna try that one.

Chocolate Shop waiting for price drop demo was way too short.

18. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Forgot to add, and I'm surprised no one has even mentioned this game, but Crazy Hotdogs is a lot of fun.

19. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Huh, never even noticed that one. I'll have to check it out.

20. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    They've had a 60% off sale since January, even though I believe it says "Limited time only" in the description.

It's a great game though, even if it consists of just the grill and the serving counter.