what is best time management game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mookie32155, Mar 9, 2009.

1. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I can vouch for Airport Mania - great little game for a buck. Cool sounds, unique theme, variety of upgrades that add a bit of depth and pretty challenging and increasing difficulty level. There are also star ratings, so it's nice to try same levels a few times in order to perfect them.

Cheers,
    Jakub

2. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Games deserve to be badmouth by charging outrageous prices.

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #23 Donburns99, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    My favorites so far (in order of most to least):
    1. Hospital Havoc
    2. Supermarket Mania
    3. Airport Mania
    4. Flight Control (Time management in a different style)
    5. Daycare Nightmare
    6. Chocolate Shop Frenzy
    7. Hell's Kitchen

I want to try (in order of most to least):
    1. Sally's Salon
    2. Cake Mania 3
    3. Diner's Dash (maybe)

4. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    :rolleyes:

One day you may learn to drive and you will realize that more will be spent on gas in one fill-up.

5. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I am talking about quality to price ratio here. You can get the highest quality games with many times more production value for 7 bucks.

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I have to agree - I HAVE played HH and while it is a good game, I don't think it's the best TM game in the app store. I've bought all of the TM games and I think that Supermarket Mania is the best of the lot. To me, SM has the best storyline of all the TM games. Any of the TM games would be a good choice (except for Diner Dash) - just choose the one that looks the best to you.

7. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #27 Donburns99, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    You can get worse games for a lot more than $7, what is your point?

It's currently $2.99 by the way. As a new developer to the AppStore, they may not have had as much knowledge as you and others about common pricing. They appear to be adjusting accordingly and learning as they go.

Still, price has nothing to do with the quality of the game and how it ranks as the "best time management game".

Update
    "High production value" does not always make a good game, but I see what you were going with there.

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I'm having TONS of fun with Supermarket Mania. In fact, I'm almost finished with it. It'll be the first of it's type I've finished. And I own a couple others. This one has great graphics, nice comic book-style cut scenes and unobtrusive muzac. And it was only 2 bucks. Can Hospital Havoc beat that?

9. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

You've got some nerve having a go at him like that, what with that "BUY IT NOW!!!" review of Hospital Havoc you just happened to post after the developer gave you a free copy.

Sorry, and I know I shouldn't have brought it up again, but honestly, you had no business accusing him of that.

As for me, I've purchased Airport Mania (AM), Hospital Havoc (HH) and Diner Dash (DD). I bought all three legitimately and have had no contact with the developers of any of them. That said, I'd give my vote to AM in a heartbeat, and if I were to be honest, I would rate DD ahead of HH.

HH needs some sort of fun patch. I don't know, it's just... not as enjoyable.

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I am beginning to suspect Candy being paid to promote Hospital Havoc - in almost every single thread since its come out, there Candy buy this game its the best.

Well no actually it is not as djflippy said - It's task-queuing seems broken

my ratings would be

1. Airport Mania
    2. Supermarket Mania
    3. Sally's Salon

11. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Someone can't like a game? What you are saying is ridiculous. Look at the history of this forum, there are loads of people who love games and you pick on me?

As you can see Ray's daughter was the one who wrote that other post. Goodness man.

12. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    candy hater love you :)

i dont know why people hattin' on you

13. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Thank you. Just an ignorant few :)

14. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I think i must have missed the place you put down, IN MY OPINION, after claiming Hospital Havoc is the best. So who is the one not making sense now, huh?

15. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #35 CandyNJ66, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    lol. You stated Supermarket Mania was the best to begin with and then you get angry because I don't agree with you and state another game! This is childish nonsense and like Don said...We must be civil.

Have a nice day. :)

16. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    If you ask me, Hell's Kitchen would be the best. The rantings of Gordon Ramsay, the great graphics, and to top it all - the great gameplay is certainly something that would make Hell's Kitchen the best of the best time management games.

17. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Jeez guys, lets all calm down about this "candy must be paid off to rant about xxx game!" and other accusations!
    In case you haven't noticed, the very title of this thread is subjective in the first place!
    There is no absolute answer as it differs from everyone's tastes, desires and even financial budget. CandyNJ66 put forward her opinion that Hopsital Havoc is her favourite above all others, and this may even be because its one of the latest games she's bought. If the person who accused her of getting a promo code and forced to give a glowing review actually read the other post on HH, then they might know that she was sitting on the fence for a while and then bought it and loved it.
    For the record, I bought AirportMania afew days back but never played it. Upto then, my favourite was Sallys Salon. Now I would say AM is very good too, with great music and probably the best TM game for me, right now. So, does that mean AM is the best for the original poster? Maybe not. That's entirely down to him/her to decide. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but please avoid the accusations. Its stupid, pointless, and unnecessary.

18. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    have already replied in the other thread to HH

19. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

Good call. Respecting the opinions of others is an important lesson to learn, everyone's entitled to disagree with others without accusations about them needing to be made.

That said, Airport Mania is still the best :cool:

20. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Touché!