iPad What I want

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wjgreynolds, Jan 17, 2009.

1. wjgreynolds

wjgreynolds Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Man, I'm sick of waiting for this, so any developers out there take note:
    I want a turn-based strategy game that is balanced and deep and engaging and good. Think Advanced Wars on the DS, that would carry over pretty damn well to the iPhone without too much dumbing down.

Oh yeah, I also want it for free, yeah? ;)

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

You want Warfare Inc. [app=Warfare Incorporated]link[/app]

3. i want heroes of might and magic 2

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I want people to stop creating threads like this but that ain't gonna happen either:)

5. wjgreynolds

wjgreynolds Member

Jan 17, 2009
    No, no, no. $4.99 is not free, unfortunately. I'd try it if they had a 'lite' version, but I refuse to buy an app completely blind. Too many times I've payed money for an app and then ended up deleting it a week later. It does look kinda fun though...

6. mek

mek Well-Known Member

warfare inc is a great game, but it is a RTS...worth 5 bucks IMO

what you may be looking for to suit your needs until a new app is developed is
    Reign of Swords

http://appshopper.com/search/?search=reign+of+swords

the game is an amazing turn based strategy, i bought it @ ten bucks, and they have a lite and free version for you to try it

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    It won't happen because people want it free. Nothing is free.

Warfare Inc. is top notch for the money. I have been hearing big updates are coming for it as wel.

8. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I have advanced wars (gba emu) and it is so much fun. Wish there was an app

Also to all you people saying "get warfare" they are nowhere near the same game.

9. nate@pdxine.com

Dec 24, 2008
    I picked up reign of swords and as an RPG it's awful, but as a competitor to something like Fire Emblem or advanced Wars it isn't even an RPG anymore.

Played it a few times trying to get into it and just didn't have any fun. It has none of the story, the charachters or anything that Fire Emblem has

10. wjgreynolds

wjgreynolds Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Hey, I'm not asking for the full game for free, just a demo so I know what I'm buying. Makes sense for developers too; look what happened to iShoot when they released a 'lite' version.

11. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    We will start work on a few multiplayer turn-based games in the next weeks (putting finishing touches on Smack Boxing career mode this weekend, and then we start up).

We havent totally decided on the theme yet - lots of possibilities and we might do more than one. Everything from classic monsters over WW2 to weird ideas like soccer is on the table.

Will let you know once we get there - but feel free to post or mail what you want to see in a tactical TBG

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

reign of swords isnt an rpg, its a turn based strategy

13. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    If someone was to make a game like Shining Force 2 (Sega Genesis era), I'd be all over that without a second thought. Still one of my favorite turn-based RPG's to this day.

14. Muzzle

Muzzle Member

Jan 17, 2009
    College Student
    Washington, D.C.
    I'm also craving such a game for my Touch. Just no ports, please... chances are I've already played them to death :p

15. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Trust me, you'd be getting more than your money's worth if you bought [App]Warfare Incorporated[/App]. Even my dad is addicted to it... :rolleyes:

16. Chingyul

Chingyul Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I loved Warfare Inc on my old IPAQ. Havn't given it a try on the iphone yet, but probably will soon enough.

I did want to say that I REALLY hope they port the Ancient Empires series to the iphone. That was my absolute favorite game on my old phone, and was always fun for a quick game. Having said that, I also loved the Advanced Wars series on my DS (more indepth). I would think this genre would work great on the iphone. No rapid inputs needed (I wish they had more physical buttons).
    I liked the old Splinter Cell series on phone too, but can't see it working well on the iPhone.

17. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I want a final fantasy or even what would be better would be that kingdom hearts coded that is out for cell phones in japan

18. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    it seems that you want our next game :)

19. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    You mean an rpg or a game like advanced wars hopefully a rpg because all of the ones out now suck

20. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

:D. Yes, I do.