What I hate about this forum.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by parranoya, Feb 28, 2009.

1. firekilla30

firekilla30 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    parranoya stop being a ass.
    Your making this thread because of the payback, idracula, and zombieville thread.
    I see nothing wrong with it you ass.
    What if he doesn't want to use his credit card but only have 5$ credit left from his itune giftcard?
    Yes of course he is going to go get a bus pass with a itune gift card.
    stop being so ignorant.

2. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    ...or you can get some tips from butteryassdonovan

3. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I only have $9,86 left for this month. Should I order a pizza?

4. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    so they're stupid because they want others' opinions on what games they should get? you think they should just automatically know which are better?

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Personally, for me, the issue is when people are just asking how to throw away their "x" amount of money, and just asking strangers who know nothing about them what to get.
    It's one thing to be debating between a few games, but completely another story when someone says "I have x amount of money what should I get?". There's no thought they're putting into their purchase. Do you walk into a store and ask the sales person "I have $20, what should I buy in your store?". No, you walk in, and you can debate between certain models of a TV for instance, but not just try to throw away your money.

That's what personally bothers me. And maybe try to keep the debate between similar games... like asking someone should I get a puzzler or a td game, is completely useless. Get whichever intrigues you more. Want to have an intelligent conversation between different TD games, I'm all for it, but just to ask me, someone who knows absolutely nothing about you other than your username and that you frequent TA doesn't make for a very educated suggestion.

And finally, when there are already 3 threads about game a, b, and c. Just read through them, and see which interests you most. Oh right, I forgot, in today's society, who wants to take some time reading to see what they could potentially like and dislike about a game. So much faster and easier to ask complete strangers for their opinion. ;)

Phew, I feel better now.

6. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    What I hate about this forum is when people put threads in the wrong section........

7. gnadenlos

Nov 10, 2008
    No one knows how good a game is, but people with at least a basic amount of independence will ask themselves what kind of game they want to play and then research the corresponding threads and ask specific questions.

General "What to buy" topics show that the thread starter is not able to make his own decisions and unable to research a topic. Therefor he is either very young or stupid.

8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    haha that actually made me laugh, i totally agree with you...not being sarcastic either.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I have my own way of dealing with these people.
    I always suggest that they buy Zombie Mansion.
    :)

10. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    What I hate about this forum...

When people make stupid threads complaining about other people asking for help. Nice one jack @**

11. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I agree about the $ threads
    but I don't think this thread is productive in the games forum

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yep and I always follow behind you and offer the advice of "Anything by DS effects, you can't go wrong!"

LoL... ;)

13. gnadenlos

Nov 10, 2008
    This sounds like a good idea. I'll have to find the worst $5 game available. ;)