What I hate about this forum.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by parranoya, Feb 28, 2009.

1. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I hate when people say they only have X amount of money and then ask which game to buy. IMO if you have only X amount of money dont waste it on a game --- buy your baby some food ---- stop smoking ----- save you money and buy a bike which is way cheaper than a car ---- take that X$ and take the bus to your local college and think of upgrading your education so you dont just have x$ to spend on games anymore.

Sorry but every time I see someone say ---I only have X amount of money tell me what to do ---this is what I want to say

And yes.... I realize this is mostly coming from small children with only an iTunes card and their babysitting money ---- but darn kids --- get more babysitting jobs ---- go through you back alleys and recycle those cans -- nobody should be worried about only having 5$ in their pocket ---that sucks.

have a great day folks! :)

2. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I got nothing to say. I have never said I have $X.XX amount of money.

3. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Uhh sometimes they are adults wondering what to do with a "gaming or cell phone budget" as well. Also, do you know how hard it is to find a well paying part time job, even babysitting, nowadays?

4. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    Screw a part time job. Learn SDK, program a game, and sell it on the AppStore. Buy some games. Follow that cycle and you shouldn't have to worry about money running out.

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hello parranoya, sounds like you are para..

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I thought the whole point behind those "I have $5 dollars, what should I buy" is because they don't have much money to spend on games and thus want to spend it on the best games they can get?

For instance, I don't have the money for Killzone 2 right now this month, but I have appeased my gaming side by buying appstore games. Haven't crossed $10 yet.

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    This really should be in the lounge, or site discussion sub-forums... I agree with you though, but what can you do? It comes in waves... ;)

8. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    They're not talking about how much money they have left.

They're talking about how much money they have left to spend on games, or more likely, how much iTunes gift card spending money they have.

I never thought I would actually have to tell someone that, it seems so painfully obvious.

9. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Yes, that's the point. If someone only had $5 left and are spending it on games and have an iPhone or iPod Touch they need to set their priorities straight.

10. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Thanz --- I never looked at it this way before :)

lets say then I do dislike the way they phrase their questions --- it never starts off with --" Mommy only gave me 2.50 ...what should I do". To me it sounds like an absolute statement of fact that poor jonny has only 5$ ---help me guys what do I do ...there I helped --- If someobody starts off their question with "My iTunes card .... or my games budget only allows that I spend..." but they dont.

Mabey I am too anal and I cannot make the inference that they wish me to. I just feel sad for people who say I only have 5$ what should I buy...then I think of bums on the streets who have cell phones .....

sorry for all the trouble ---flamers! :p --- no offence should be taken by the homosexual community by my last comment --- or mabey the inference will never be assumed?!É

i`m sleepy

11. Mattman

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm in high school, saving for college, doing APs and Sports, maybe you thought I was like 30? :confused:

12. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    Haha. I'm 13. There's a 10 year old dev making iPhone games. Age doesn't matter as long as you can learn SDK.

13. Mattman

Jan 5, 2009
    Hah yea but I'm not technically "gifted" I guess, well I'm glad your having success and more power to you getting money at 13!

14. Flowbee

Flowbee Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #14 Flowbee, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    I prefer buying games to paying rent.

15. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    Ah well. I started programming games at the age of 10. Gonna be 14 in a month so about 4 years of programming games but with some practice anyone can grasp SDK.

16. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    I'm a impulsive app spender :(.
    I used up my giftcards a long time ago haha...now it just goes on to my parent's credit card :p.

They get pissed...but i try to pay them back for most of them. At least recently...they didn't care until there was like $40 in charges on their bill lol.

17. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Yes, you are right. I hate those stupid kids, too! I hope they can at least visit the toilet without help. ;)

18. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    and I hate useless thread like this,in the wrong section of the forum.
    Use the lounge next time.

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    +1

I don't have any issue at all with people asking for suggestions. I think that's one of the great things about this forum. After being on here for almost a year now I've learned there are quite a few people on here who's opinion's I can trust. So of course other people will want input from the other members.

That being said... they need to cut it out, haha. Inevitably each of those threads boils down to "well I don't know what you like but here are the pros and cons of each one".

A new thread doesn't need to be started each time you find 5 dollars in your jeans. Just go into the thread of the game you want and do some good ol' fashioned research. It's not that difficult.

20. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    You see, instead of waisting $59,99 for a XBOX 360 or PS3 title, you can buy like 6 $9.99 apps that would give you at least 3 times as much game time, or like 60 $.99 apps. Exactly why I choose my iPhone over consoles. That's just me though.