What happened to Mad Acorn?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Someone900, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Someone900

Someone900 Member

Oct 29, 2014
    #1 Someone900, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    The rhythm-based running game, Mad Acorn. It was released in the App Store in 2011. I think this is when I purchased it for $2.99. It used to work fine on my iPad 3. I haven't played it for a while. Now when I try opening the game on my iPad mini 2 running iOS 8.1, it crashes on start-up. I've never had apps crash on my iPad mini before.

I decided to check the App Store for the game to leave a review or contact support but wasn't able to find it. I checked the web but I only found numerous reviews on the app but no other info. So I decided to check App Annie and found out that it has been removed from the App Store. No reason given.

Anyway, anyone know why? Does anyone have the app and can tell me if it also crashes for them? I assume it has to do with iOS 8. The game needs an iOS 8 support update but I don't think it will happen. This is really annoying. I don't care if an app is no longer in the App Store but it should be working at least, especially a paid app.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Contact the dev. Did a quick google and they have a facebook page

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can't expect devs to support their games for all eternity. Updating and keeping them on the AppStore costs money and once a game's sales go down to a level the dev can't up them again there's no point in further supporting the game.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree with the post above. You can't expect a $3 game which probably doesn't sell anymore to have updates forever

Think it's always risky to update the os as well specially if you have lots of old apps

5. Someone900

Someone900 Member

Oct 29, 2014
    What happened to Mad Acorn?

I don't care about updates that include new features or anything of the sort. If you're going to remove your app from the App Store make sure that it at least works for those who purchased it. Nothing more. I contacted Apple and they had no idea why the developers removed the app and they offered to contact them for me with the issue.