Apple TV What happened to Afterpulse and GT Spirit?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by ac166, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Did you turn off all the assists?

2. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    BUMMER! on the TVos of after pulse!
    i can't believe they don't even have the option for me to log in HIVE / iCloud to sync across my progress from iOS
    tvOS 's after pulse is a standalone version .......

3. CyrusG

CyrusG Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Yes, turned off all assists.

4. Showmelater

Showmelater Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Can someone record some gameplay for GT Spirit? Please!

5. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Afterpulse is pretty cool, actually, but the freemium model is prohibitive. It's really difficult to attain reasonable firepower without some good luck or some money. If we could pay 4.99 to remove the freemium aspects, I'd be all in. Or if they allowed you to get a few more weapons without spending a lot of money.

6. zulu-man

zulu-man Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Afterpuls looks really good. I don't care about freemium, but why is B for "Reload" and "Back/Back to Home"? This is stupid.

7. Showmelater

Oct 6, 2012
    Found one on youtube looks cool

http://youtu.be/xKJ1JTPPghw

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Thankyou, no one seems to have gameplay up.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    GT Spirit is a free download. Just download it and you can see it for yourself.

10. Showmelater

Oct 6, 2012
    If i have an ATV i would download it but i dont,

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So you are just researching GT Spirit to see if it will be your killer app for you to get the ATV 4? Well if so I can just describe it for you. I actually played it a heck lot when I first downloaded it. As it stands, there is no AI. Only ghost cars to benchmark against. The controls on my MFi controller are great.

The screen is a map that shows me the various series of races available. Once I click on a race, it shows me whether I qualify to take part in that series. Some may need a specific car like a Chevrolet for instance. If I can take part, it then shows me the races in that series and I can choose to race any of them. Each race allows me to earn up to 3 stars. The stars determine the pot of cash I win. Cash is needed to upgrade the workshop, car and to hire mechanics to work at the workshop. Cash is also needed to buy cars.

Racing looks like Forza with its green/amber/red guidelines on the track. However it races through the town and scenery not at a track. There are circuits and point to point races. The irritating thing is that the momentum of the gameplay is broken by having to send my car for servicing and repairs after every race.

This is a freemium title so there are opportunities to buy IAP currency stuff. I never did because it got quite grindy. If you like grinding in your game, then GT Spirit is your ride.

iPadhasmovedontoDisneyInfinityWheeee!

12. Showmelater

Oct 6, 2012
    Thumbs up for this Guy ###

13. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    #33 MarkyR74, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016