iPad What games are you looking forward too?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickels, Oct 20, 2008.

1. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    So far there isn't a long list of apps that I know of that are coming soon. Really besides EA sports I can only think of one other game, so this might as well be a "what game do you hope gets made" thread also.

Tiger Wood 09 - can't wait!

PathWords - that game on Facebook is addictive, so I hope someone ports it to iPhone.

Tenori-On - from the vids I have seen so far this looks like a pretty cool music app.

Little Big Planet - lots of hype about this game. Hopefully a mobile version is in the works as well.

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Sim City (2000)
    Age of Empires (like on the DS)
    Fire Emblem (like the 2nd GBA version)
    Wing Commander Privater 1
    X-Wing
    Advance Wars
    Hot Wheels racing game
    Katamari
    Warcraft 2
    Command and Conquer Generals
    Nascar Racing
    Final Fantasy RW (like on the DS)
    Actionloop (Magnetica in the US, so much better than Puzzloop)
    Trackmania

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I heard something about Bioshock coming to iphone a while back. That is hands down, one of my favorite games ever.

still waiting for Graal Zone to resurface.

Re-Volt looks great too.

I'd also like to see Wing Commander and Zork style games

4. stemilan0

stemilan0 Active Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I hope the bioshock rumor wasn't a rumor XD.
    Anyway, I want electroplancton! And geometry wars too! (let's see what is ng:moco planning to do about that).
    I was forgetting AOE, it doesn't seem so impossible to me to port on iphone.

5. I don't know of a particular game like it, but I would like one where you are a sniper, and have to select where you want to camp in order to best view your target/s. Then it turns into a shoot-em-up, where you tilt to move your cross-hairs around, picking off terrorist soldiers through windows etc. PLEASE someone make this game!

6. Hitman45

Hitman45 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    iPhone Gamer
    Williamstown, NJ
    Im looking forward to all the EA games coming out. and Armegeddan Squadren

7. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Counter-Strike or Quake! Ok, CS probably won't happen, but I bet Quake will :)

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i like this idea
    esp. since you can select your snipe point, like on a 2d map, offering additional advantages and disadvantages like coverage, enhanced wind speed/which you would have to correct for

then when you are all set up, randomized targets appear, and you have to aim, using the accelerometer, make adjustments, and tap to fire
    firing too often makes your position noticable, possibly scaring off your targets

a point system, for accuracy could be implemented above the, completing your mission

9. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Active Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Now THAT is a good list! I know there is a Sim City headed to the iPhone, but are any of those other games confirmed? It's tough to get a complete gaming news site for the iPhone.

Personally I'm looking forward to Clusterball 2. I've played the first version on the PC and it's an awesome game (with the exception of the destructive tendency magnetic strips have on your ship).

10. You got it mate- that's exactly the kind of game I want. If any decent developer is reading this, PLEASE make this game. I don't want anything in return for the idea- I just want to play it!

11. thom-22

thom-22 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    I hope we start getting some DS/PSP-calibur games, but I think I'd rather see dual releases of new games rather than ports of old ones. No?

Specifically, I would like some good platformers, along the lines of Metroid, Ratchet & Clank, Spyro, Rayman, etc. Or whatever the next great platformer is.

What worries me is that publishers are lumping iPhone in with other mobile platforms and not with other hand-helds or with computer games. EA's IP games are published by EA Mobile, THQ's by THQ Wireless. So it's like they're saying, Let's make slightly upgraded versions of our mobile games for iPhone, rather than, Let's find ways to adapt our top titles for iPhone. :(

If we're gonna get the kinds of games you're talking about, I suspect they will come from established development groups that don't have to totally suck up to the major publishers, like a Bioware or id, etc. (And we'd better hope they aren't greeted with cries of, I'm not paying that much money for an iPhone game!)

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

if a developer wants to work on an open source project to complete this game...I'm willing to contribute...I'm busy with school,work, and coding my own apps which are almost behind schedule..

but i could take an evening and draw up some graphics for this
    i'll just go ahead and do that, and a programmer can use them

lets get this game started

and that list got me excited, but then there is no guarantee that any of those are confirmed...like C&C:generals? , final fantasy? has squaresoft even considered porting to the iphone? and Age of Empires...by Microsoft? i do believe Microsoft hates Apple if i remember correctly..
    who makes advance wars? nintendo?

13. It's out! Just kidding well a Bioshock pipe mini game is FL Overload

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

as long as its not like Spore or the Star wars releases...they were crippled attempts that seemed more like a marketing campaign instead of a real game

I do know that these games are in development/or about to be released hopefully this year
    Sim City
    Need for Speed
    Oregon Trail
    Geometry Wars + Thrust
    warfare incorporated

15. thom-22

Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    Actually, Microsoft has a good track record of allowing their games to be ported to Macintosh (whether or not they hate Apple). Age of Empires and expansions are all available for Mac, Halo was ported, I just played Fable: The Lost Chapters on Mac, etc. So I don't think that would be a roadblock for MS games on iPhone and possibly might make ports easier if they go from Mac to iPhone. But I don't think the publisher that does MS games for Mac (MacSoft) has any experience with mobile games. Dunno.

16. chrisjonny

chrisjonny Active Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Bioshock!!!!!!!!

17. thom-22

Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean about publishers, or EA and THQ in particular, approaching the iPhone as just another mobile platform -- Spore Origins actually is a real game, but it's a real mobile game. So they look crippled to those of us who see the iPhone platform as so much more. It's like it's not part of the publishers' mindset to consider adapting the full versions of Spore and SW:TFU for iPhone. Hopefully that will change (but at the same time you can't really expect anything like full Spore or TFU for $10).

18. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I would love to see some big games on the iPhone. I know I would pay $20 or more but I don't know if other people would.

19. i would love to see something along the lines of ico and/or shadow of the colossus.

20. Broken Sword or Monkey Island would be nice