What Gameloft needs to work on...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Scaramoosh, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    I think apple should allow devs to charge whatever they want for their games, even if many become 39.99 I think it would be worth it for some or at least to draw better efforts from cap com and other games. Why do u think apple is so strict on pricing?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Apple doesn't have a limit on pricing. What in the world are you talking about..

3. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I agree with everyone else same tired argument let gameloft clone games hell I enjoy them if you dont then dont buy them. Theres other developers out there that are making new innovative games.

4. Scythé_101

Scythé_101 New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Apple don't have a limit on their pricing models. That's up to devs. However i honestly don't think anyone here would be willing to spend 39.99 on game unless it's the best one ever made. What if you bought it and finished it within 3 hours? Would you have your moneys worth. No. Also no game i have seen or played on my iPhone would be worth that. However everyone puts their own price value on something and in the end it will always be the consumer that chooses the price. Which at the moment the sweet spot seems to be that 1.19 to 3.99 area.

5. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I have bought and beat a ton of Gameloft games - there are three that surpassed the mass of their releases for me. I am a huge fan Splinter Cell Conviction, Zombie Infection and Prince of Persia Warrior Within. They all have their share of issues - but that is common for any game regardless of platform.

As for pricing - I have no problem on this platform with higher prices in the 7-15 dollar range dependent on the length of the game.

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I have to say that I really really enjoy most of gamelofts offerings. Are they original? No. Innovative? For the most part, no.

But most of the games that I have bought which is around 74ish(all game dev's) gameloft games tend to capture my attention the most and I play thru their offerings till the end. I also feel pretty satisfied once I've completed one of their games. I find that gameloft offers pretty solid controls, good graphics(on occasion stunning in how the game looks and flows on a phone, it's truly remarkable what they have accomplished on a mobile platform that is a phone.... Aaa nnnndddd all for usually around 2-6 dollars.)

I can't wait to see what games will be like in a years time with DC CPUs and ATI or Nvidia gpus.... Phones that will have the ability to push out 300-500 triangles per sec. One phone now not sure which it is can do 90 mil triangle per sec. Then somebody soon will have a physical piece of hardware that allows you to plug your phone into a handset which will give true hands on sticks for more precise controls and more viewable real estate.

Who knows soon all consoles might be phone size so you can take you console anywhere in your pocket.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    hmm well it's actually at the 0.99 to 1.99 range because those are the games that usually hit the top 100; therefore, new idevice buyers have visibility to them and generally people like buying cheap apps. The only time a 4.99 or 6.99/9.99 game makes it to the top 50 is when it's by a bigname company.

But yeah, I agree that no game has even come close to the value of 39.99 on the iphone/itouch yet. Up to now, I'd pay 19.99 for GTA:CW, but that's a port, and probably 14.99 max for MC2, but yeah..other games haven't really hit this production level. Lol well I paid 20 for COD: Z and I think that was worth it. But yeah, maybe one of these days..

8. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Why don't Gameloft just die?

They make the most unoriginal rip offs that have tons of problems and then they never patch or support them in the future. Every single one of their games is an obvious rip off of something successful on PC or console and they've even made Gameloft Live... I wonder where that came from?

Do something original!

9. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Your wasting space plenty of threads about this

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #30 backtothis, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    A better question is "why don't you just die?" No one gives a shit about your whining. Did anyone tell you to buy their games? If you have an effing console that's so great, why don't you just throw your iDevice away and go play your effing consoles? Stupid comments like yours are not welcome here. Thanks posting another thread about this you idiot. Look, it got merged.

11. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Charging more than £6.99 is pretty much suicide. No one will buy the game and your game will be destined to be nowhere near the top 50 or even 100.

You will never find £40 worthy games on the app store and there's no way anyone would pay that much for an ipod/iphone game.

12. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Clearly a twat

13. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #33 foxmulderino, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    I have nearly all Gameloft games and I love the usual massive price drops they do....so shut up!
    ps:around the appstore, anyway, there are so many garbage games for the same price!

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    If you don't like the company don;t buy from them. Either they will make more money and still be famous.

15. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    Gameloft just earns money. They dont care about game quality.

That's why I dislike this company so much.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I don't even know what to make of this statement. Why don't you start listing games of the same genre that can match up to MC2, POP: WW, and Spiderman? Oh, that's right, you can't.

You call charging 6.99 for a game that's 29.99-39.99 on another device making money? Really? Really?

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Their fans don't care about quality either, or perhaps just don't know about it. Fair play to them, they're pretty good at utilizing the tech and cloning games that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day on the platform, but all of those games are basically lite & cheap versions of the games they're modeled after. They don't even begin to match the source material when it comes to the fine tuning.

Personally I just find it boring. I've played the original version of all their games and it's obvious they're superior, that kind of quality is why they were chosen for the cloning process in the first place.

That said, if you're that desperate for Soul Calibur on the iPhone, you go for it 'cause there's nothing else. Fill yer boots.

18. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    They care about quality. They will rarely make an update to an app though. Quality = Money to them. Then they give up on the app and nvr update it.

19. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    Man, I need to get a console.

20. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Mental

You guys are mental.....Gameloft make the best hardcore gaming experience on the iphone. Without them we would still be playing games like Angry Birds and Cut the rope (with the odd gem like GOF 2).

As many people have said, if you dont like their games, dont buy them! Simples! :D