iPad What Game Would You Like To See

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by penfold, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penfold

penfold Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Bradford, UK
    #1 penfold, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
    Personally I'd love a version of Tony Hawk for the iPhone.
    I loved this game on the PS1 and would love to be able to play it on the go.

I'd also like to see the game Maelstrom, which was an astroids clone I use to play on my old Apple LCII

What ablut you lot?

2. Krobar

Krobar Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Warsong from sega genesis by far my favorite game ever and would be nice on the iphone

3. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Tony Hawk, Rise of nations/AOE, a 3D GTA, Call of duty.

4. voldemort

voldemort Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Feeding Frenzy would be awesome ! Haha
    Crimson Land too

5. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
  6. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    What I'd. Like to see

I would like to see a online fps not even I very high graphic one just needs a good frame rate and good controlls. Brother in arms controlls would work.

7. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    Zoo Tycoon
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Peggle
    Puzzle League
    Picross
    Point Blank

they would be great games

8. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Omg yes :p

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    A good RPG maybe even a port of morrowind. I know, never gonna happen.

10. bommoom

bommoom Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I don't know if Anyone knows what yugioh is but it's a card game and I'd love To play it online with other people

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    More exclusive, original, made-for-itouch/phone only games, please.

But if we're limiting discussion to ports and/or original iTouch/Phone versions of IPs that have appeared on other platforms, sign me up for:

DOOM RPG (I just KNOW this is one of the games Carmack and id are bringing over)

Snatcher and Policenauts - Konami is now on board what with Dance Dance Revolution and MGS Touch, and while I think both those games will be great, I'd really like for that company to port over two of the greatest adventure games ever made, both created by MGS creator Hideo Kojima. Especially Policenauts, which has never been translated from the original Japanese. Translated Policenauts is win. It also helps that games like 1112, CSI: Miami, Soul Trapper, Alternate Endings, and the Jake Hunter games have all shown that iTouch/Phone is a platform in which adventure games work quite well.

Zak & Wiki - the Wii original, sadly, never sold as well as it should have, although I do believe it did turn profit for Capcom. Another adventure game, with a twist, this would do well on iTouch/Phone.

Pretty much every single game and IP in Sega's catalog

I dunno WTF is taking Sega so long to release a new game for this platform, but we know that they are working on games as they've been VERY happy with the profit they've made off of Super Monkey Ball.

Hell, I'd settle for a port of the mobile phone exclusive Super Monkey Ball Tip 'n Tilt and Sonic Jump games:

http://www.segamobile.com/Super_Monkey_Ball_TipnTilt

http://www.segamobile.com/Sonic_Jump_2

Or, better, yet, upgraded ports of those games (redone graphics, etc.). They seem like fun, PapiJump style games (at least Sonic Jump does). Might work well with the accelerometer. And they could have the mobile team port those over and release them while we wait for the "big" games they have in development.

REZ, Panzer Dragoon, Sonic, Monkey Ball, OutRun, Shinobi, Wonderboy, Alex Kidd, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Space Channel 5, Chu Chu Rocket, Feel the Magic, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Hang On, Skies of Arcadia, Sega Fishing...

:eek:

No wonder we haven't heard what they're up to lately. They probably had a difficult time even figuring out which one of those IPs to bring over.

12. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Feeding Frenzy
    Gnarly Golf
    Zany Golf

13. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    All of these would be wondrous on the iPhone/Touch and sell like iced tea in a desert:

Play Auditorium

Pixel Junk's Eden and Racers

more Atari ultras like Lunar Lander and Tempest

Epic Pinball

Lumines

Sega's Hydro Thunder and an updated grafx Space Harrier

i could go on, but those will do for now.

14. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Would be nice, but JSR would be better. It's too bad both Team Andromeda, and Smilebit have been merged, conjoined, liquidated off of the face of the planet.

Haha, and Sonic Team is too busy ruining their franchise with werewolves to ever contribute anything relevant again.

What happened to mai beloved Sega?

Again nice, but:

(while not from Sega) = would be much better.

15. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    A good rpg like morrowind/oblivion or fallout 1/2 ---the Bethseda game has me all a smiles.

I also really wanted an Alien Shooter game and it looks like CHILLINGO is giving us that with iDracula ---- so all thats left are ports --- Duke Nukem ---Might and Magic ---- all the old school goodnesss.

I would love DIABLO and DIABLO 2.

A good RPG would make me drop the PSP in seconds

16. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    I'l tell 'ya what i'd like to see...

The Release of ZEN BOUND, iDRACULA, SWAY, RASTAMONKEY, UNDERGROUND, SHOOTER & NFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. MyDarkDesire

MyDarkDesire Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Duke nukem 3d would be awesome... But let wait another 50 years for duke forever to come out

18. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    sonic the hedgehog
    ghosts and goblins
    pacland
    r-type
    super sprint
    hard drivin
    outrun

19. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #19 Alichan76, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
    nice...can't quite see how they can top the fiendishly difficult PSP version, but hey..I'd be in:)

EDIT: Oh, yes I can. Sort out the jumping. On the PSP it stuck to original controls of 'jump into the clutches of beast' as you couldn't adjust after jumping, unlike say Mario. So if someone did do it, and if your listening, please make the controls a little more Mario-like. Some of those 'retro qualities' are just plain not necessary any more.

20. ishtanbul35

ishtanbul35 Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I think that "And Yet It Moves" would be a perfect game to port to the iDevice.