What game would you like to see ported to app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by js1210, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Morrowind could work with a few tweaks to the GUI,it really doesn't seem difficult though things are easier said than done,memory could work too,only to a point though

2. oily_chi

oily_chi Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    game dev
    No more ports! *More* novel gameplay

There are loads of great games in the history of games…but why do we need them ported to iOS?
    While I agree that doing so preserves a part of history -- as time goes by, games which are not ported may simply become inaccessible; become no longer playable on anything we actually own – it is our duty as fans, to support new ventures, people and teams pushing the frontier and offering us up – if not entirely innovative games – games that are made *for* the iOS platform -- suited to touch and gesture. Not some port with virtual controls.
    Before falling on this thread, I read this article which touches on the problem of lazy ports by lazy publishers:
    http://bit.ly/Omd9RA
    So, while this thread’s question is a nice way to revisit in our minds, the games that have marked us, they belong to a specific time and context, and *we* the users have the ability to push the culture towards our real values – novel gameplay.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I wanted Snow Bros ported on iOS: mission accomplished! It is great! :)

4. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I would like Animal Crossing on my iPod so I don't need a DS anymore. :)

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Surprised that no one said GTA 2.

6. Soarel

Soarel Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I'd gladly pay $100 for FFVII to be ported.

7. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
  8. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I would love to see Contra ported. It seems like that wont happen , so I guess I will make it happen myself in the future. I love games like Super Mario Bros, Castlevania, Contra, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid . It seems the appstore has plenty of super mario bros and legend of zelda type games. So the main games I intend to tackle are Castlevania( which I have already) Contra, and Metroid. I do want to make a Mario type game but 1st have to figure out how to make it without being called a clone. Exciting times for the iphone appstore!!

9. stepheneleven

stepheneleven New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    A slimmed down, less complex version of World of Warcraft. One separate from the desktop version of the game. But still an mmo.

Would love a quality fantasy mmo on the iPad, and I've always wanted a lighter version of WoW ever since I quit 3 years ago. Miss it all the time. Just too much of a time sink. I think it would be great as a soft core game on the iPad. They have the art, quests, character models, abilities, story. Just rip some of it out, get rid of the bloat, and make it approachable to nOobs. I'd pay a lot more than 99¢ for that and would even consider a sub.

Dreams.

10. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Order and Chaos online? Fairly similar to WoW and only $7, no subscription needed.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Ilomilo
    Mush

Mushroom Wars
    Journey and Flower (but would never happen)
    Outland

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics
    FTL
    Legend of Grimrock
    Frozen Synapses
    Syndicate, Magic Carpets, Populous or Dungeon Keeper

Shadow of the Beast
    Historyline 1914-1918
    Megalomania
    Flood

PSI-5 Trading Company
    Rick Dangerous