What do you consider an...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TMAC34, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    ...app store "spending spree". I do not buy apps often( i get most from promo codes or when they r free), and I just bought 4 dollar games in the past few minutes, and realized that was the first time I downloaded a paid app in 3-4 weeks. What is a lot in your opinion?????

2. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    make that 6 dollar games i just bought.

3. Stairs

Stairs Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Asheville
    Some days (like this weekend with all the sales), I find myself spending 5-10$ a night. I prefer not to use a debit/credit card over iTunes in order to budget myself; and if I spend over a 30$ iTunes card in a week, that's a spending spree.

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Yeah I would have to agree, anything over $30 a week for iPhone games is alot. Currently I spend about $20 a week, down a good amount from when I started I-gaming.

5. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    wow hah thats a lot. I think most ppl dont use credit or debit and use itunes cards. I could use my card but idk y for some reason iTunes cards just work better with me. And yeah I buy a $25 card every 3 months i would say. lol i think im less of an addict than u (but i do have all 12 pages filled with apps, and most of them are paid apps : )

6. Stairs

Stairs Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Asheville
    To be fair, I haven't had my iPod Touch for more than a few months, so I've had to catch up on all the old games as well :).

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    My spree are kinda different. Usually I get itunes cards from my beta tests so I don't feel to bad about blowing it.

But I've spent 50 bucks in one night with that money. It was when REAL Racing came out and there was a huge flood of awesome games.

With my actual money... well I can't remember the last time I bought one so it's been quite some time

8. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    thats cool. U gotta share with me who to email about beta testing.

9. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I spent about 100 euros this month (only two monthes I have my iphone so lots of "old" games as well). I hope my wife doesn't check the credit card bill details, lol

10. jman

jman Member

Apr 12, 2009
    i bought about 5 apps this weekend, all were $0.99 though.

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I kind of spend a lot.... The wife doesn't like it much. I keep telling myself to pull the Credit Card off the account but.... somehow I keep forgetting. ^.^

Nah I don't over do it much, but I can sometimes spend 50-60 bucks a month easy on games, but that is as much as a new Console game though, so I don't feel too bad. At least that's how I justify myself >.>

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've tried removing credit card info off my account, but then it says I can't download anything without that info. Even though I had store credit from gift cards.
    The most I spent at once was about $30 in a day.