iPad What are the chances of a sonic the hedgehog game coming to the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jordancoolj, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Hi, i was just wondering what the chances are that a sonic the hedgehog game will come to the iphone, i mean, sega have made one for the ipod, and they have made super monkey ball so they already make games for apple items so does anyone know how likely it is for a sonic game to come out on the iphone? also could someone email sega to ask them if they have thought of the idea yet?
    thanks a lot!
    jordancoolj:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    the same chance of people to stop posting threads about the games they want. :D

3. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Its very likely. I would rather have a new version of the game, maybe 3-D like the Dreamcast version?

4. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    The chances are pretty close to 100%, I would say.

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i would say they are pretty good. I just hope it is 2d like the old sonic games, maybe a port of sonic advance that was on the GBA. I have that on my emulator and it would be great with tilt controls.

6. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    'Tis called, "Sonic Adventure".

Personally, it's my favorite Sonic yet. The newer ones suck. :)

But on topic, I wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon. Controls seem to be a problem...

7. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    How many of these threads are people gonna start? If SEGA feels like making one then they will but until they announce it no one knows. Your guess is as good as ours.

8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Agree.

P.S: Valencia C.F. just scored a goal, 3-1:D

9. Hitman45

Hitman45 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    iPhone Gamer
    Williamstown, NJ
    I think there is a huge chance Sonic will be out for the iphone. I mean there is already a version for the old ipods.

10. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I hope its the one for the DREAMCAST, the launch title, that was one of my favorite games ever. Would LOOOOOVE to see it on the iPhone.

11. smokin okin

smokin okin Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    not only is sega very comfortable with the iphone by now, but they also have sonic deals with regular ipod games, so around an 75-90% chance that it will come

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    If SEGA 'were' to gave us iPhone/iTouch owners a Sonic the Hedgehog game, then I'd rather it was an exclusive title designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the iDevice software. However, if they were to port an existing Sonic game, then I'd rather they gave us a version of Sonic 2, by far the most accomplished Sonic game.

13. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    They should, but then again Sega never released Sonic for the Saturn Console ... which is amazing given Sonic's success on the Genesis.

I'd use tilt for motion and tap for jump.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I agree.

If need be, they could probably just take some of the design elements from, say, Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii and transfer something along those lines to iTouch/Phone. With the accelerometer, that seems the best bet, tbqh.

Personally, I'd rather they go to Dimps, the dev team behind the Sonic Rush games for DS and have them develop an all new exclusive title for Apple's device. If they do port a game, though, I want the entire Sonic Genesis collection. Not just the first. If they can package all 3 (plus Sonic & Knuckles) together for the other platforms, they can do the same for iTouch/Phone.

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    If SEGA were to ever bring Sonic to iPhone, then they can learn a thing or two from Snail Mail. It's very fast paced, which is Sonic's trademark (back in the old days).

The Sonic Rush dev team sounds good. I enjoy Sonic Rush, it feels like the old Sonic more than any other silly remakes SEGA make.

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I've been saying that about Snail Mail for a while. Sega could easily use a very similar setup for an iphone version of Sonic.

As for DIMPS, they would be a great choice. The DS games are good and they did the Wii/PS2 versions of Unleashed. The day stages in those versions are really great, possibly some of the best I've played. As long as they don't include the Werehog, I'll be happy!!!

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008

Why does everyone have to keep asking if their favorite games are gonna show up in the appstore?! Well, this one's legitimate, since Sega owns the licensing rights, so ok.

Sega didn't make a version for the iPods, they ported the original game, and it came out real crappy. One built from the ground up would be better. I'd settle for Sonic Adventure 2, though.

I Sonic and the Secret Rings was alright for a while, but I ended up hating it. I'd be happy if Dimps or the guys that did Sonic Unleashed for the 360 and PS3 (the day stages are AMAZING!!!) were to do an iPhone/Touch version, but definitely no Snail Mail/SSR type games.

And yeah, I assure you, they're thought of the idea a looong time ago. They might be working on a version right now, but don't want people to be breathing down their backs.

18. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    i have just emailed sega mobile and i am now awaiting a reply!

19. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    i second that notion! :D