What are the best iOS RPG's released in 2012??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by drez, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

2013, according to the devs. After the massive success, the decided to do other stuff and maybe outsource the iOS port to another dev team. That's the last I've heard. But there might be news on their page.

Hey, of course I do recommend all games by Spiderweb, like Avernum and Avadon. But I've played them on PC, not iOS. My comment was just pointing at iPhone games.

2. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Oww crap .. 2013 for Grimrock .. well .. i can always play it on PC, but on Ipad it would be cool to play also. Especially on places, where you can have PC, like toilet! :D

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I was very hyped for Legends of Grimrock when I first read about the iPad release, but after playing this amazing game on my pc, I have serious trouble imagining it'll be doable to make it work on the iPad...

On the pc, gameplay is requiring some very fast and fancy finger dexterity dancing around the opponents, while hacking, slashing and trying to get that spell selected in time to kill the mofo's.

It's pretty hard at times, in great part because of the control scheme.
    Works great on the pc, but I just can't see how they'll be able to implement that on the iPad. I just can't see it.

Living in hope though, so far it's been the absolute best release of the year on any platform for me.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #24 Vovin, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    I re-checked on the Grimrock page and the forums, and the iPad version is still on hold, because the devs are working on other projects right now - a full dungeon editor and some new secret project... which I guess will be an expansion, because Petri (one dev) mentioned that they need new monsters and environments. The iPad version is just an alpha-prototype and the devs admitted to have no time to work on this at the moment.
    I think it will take a lot of time until Grimrock is released for iPad.
    If ever.

http://www.grimrock.net/