What apps are on your iPhone dock?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dogface, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I am currently rocking Phone, AppStore,Chrome and Launch Center Pro.

2. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Phone, Reeder, Sparrow, Launch Center Pro

3. dogface

This prompted me to check out Reeder and Sparrow. I'd need to get into reading a few more websites (only really check Cracked.com, Mac Rumors and TA at the mo). Gonna get Sparrow so thanks for that.

4. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #4 injuwarrior, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah I have the cracked app sitting on my home screen, next to instapaper, ibooks, and goodreader. I tend to leave my home page for useful stock apps and then my reading apps. I go through a lot of RSS feeds, longform articles, and of course ebooks, so I my reading and content aggregators apps get the heaviest use. I probably use my iphone for reading way more than games nowadays. Sparrow is great in every way but lack of push notifications, so as long as that is not an issue its the best thing you can do for your email account(s).

5. dogface

I somehow wasn't aware there was a cracked app...dear oh dear. Getting on well with Sparrow, not too bothered about push as I only check it every so often.

You've managed to improve my iPhone experience so thanks for that. Are there any other websites akin to the above, you could recommend? Cheers

6. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #6 injuwarrior, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    Not any one is particular that is similar to the above. I would recommend downloading Flipboard, going through all the sections you liked and then either getting apps for them or adding their rss feeds. Flipboard was what led me to nearly all of the sites on my rss, and its curated really well by section. I don't have Flipboard now, but I download every once in a while to find new sites. My main rss feeds are time magazine, new york time, longform, the feature, lifehacker (some very useful tips), iphone and mac appstorm (a little behind the curve in terms of news and reviews but I like their tips and comparison reviews), macrumors, and cult of mac (a bit to pro-Apple, but also has some great product reviews and info). I have a good bit more, but I do not check those as regularly.

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sometimes I subconsciously rearrange my apps when I'm snoozing (does anyone else do this?), but this is how my first page looks most of the time.

[​IMG]