What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, if there's a lot of good stuff to watch during a season, finding time to watch a whole show is a pain. I'm not a huge fan of the art either, but as long as it proves to be good, I'm all for watching it.

2. khinrunite

khinrunite New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Gundam Unicorn and Shingeki no Bahamut:Genesis at the moment.

3. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #143 tahzblade, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood ( Worth watching in dubbed if you don't know Japanese, very good english voice acting )

Attak on titan ( Worth watching in dubbed if you don't know Japanese, very good english voice acting )

Toradora ( Worth watching in dubbed if you don't know Japanese, very good english voice acting )

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden ( My personal all time favourites ) Dubbed is iffy at first but as the show progresses, the english voice actors get better and the cast sort of grow on you. ( I don't know wether to recommend dubbed or subbed for this one though- People like Naruto dubbed people hate it, I personally like dubbed as it grew on me and gets better over time. )

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Been watching The Seven Deadly Sins and its pretty good

5. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Just finished Rurouni Kenshin! :D

6. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    If you liked it, i definitely recommend the manga (which is still ongoing, btw). I loved the anime as well but it left me a bit unfullfilled because you get the impression that its just the beginning of the story. Well, it is ;). The manga is absolutely epic. (my favourite as well, although thats not hard because i don't read a lot of manga ^_^)

Kenshin was good, except i hated the last season (with the pries guy right?). Turns out that was filler, the actual continuation of the story was much better.

Due to time constraints I don't watch a lot, currently I'm only following Naruto Shippuuden. I downloaded Fate/stay night a few months ago because i heard it was good, but didn't get around to watching it yet.

7. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Yea I've heard Berserks manga is amazing alot so i'll probably read it once I finish the long shows I've started.

8. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    The Berserk manga is pretty good but I would wait until the mangaka is out of hiatus so the wait wouldn't be so baring. The manga has been in hiatus on and off for quite some time.

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Minor code geass spoilers
    Bleh, I'm kind of disliking both The Black Knights and Britannia, my favorite group was the JLF (just because the others dissatisfy me, I don't think the JLF is anything special), I just have too many problems with Lelouch and with Cornelia to like either group very much. I do like Diethard though, he's interesting. Code: Geass is really awesome so far. Looking forward to watching more

10. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Finished Cowboy Bebop today and I really liked it.

11. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    #151 RoboWarrior, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Okay some of you guys wanted to know what series possibly may receive sequels. The final sales for 2013 anime is out and released, here is the data: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2uxbp5/2013_tv_anime_sales_rankings_final_update_for_all/ Anything not listed means it got lower than the lowest sales shown on the list. These are guaranteed not to get another season. Anything with 3K there might be a possibility. 5K is likely and 8K+ is very likely. Once it hits 10K its almost guaranteed. These are average volume sales so one can roughly multiply them by 5 (10 for two cour shows) to get the total number of sales (will very greatly depending on how the publisher release the episodes and whether or not the show is two cour or one). The number of volume can be easily looked online for example Kill la Kill had 9 volumes so multiply that by 11000... yeah it did very well (though probably will not get a sequel since it is a stand alone show). This doesn't fully represent the sales of shows since a few rely on merchandise but it would be quite obvious what shows rely on those.

12. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #152 tahzblade, Feb 6, 2015
    Deleted

13. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I haven't, is it good?

14. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Very interesting to look through. Not surprised to see AoT dominating the sales. Thanks for posting!

15. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #155 tahzblade, Feb 6, 2015
    Deleted

16. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Think how many Mikasa/Annie merchandise have been sold on top of that

17. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I really enjoyed it, Golden Time is another show by the same author. Toradora was definitely one of the better Drama shows I've seen all these years. The same loli Voice Actor from Familar of Zero and Shana are back but with less beating.

18. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I can't even imagine... :eek:

19. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I thought I'd bring up something that's been bothering me since I saw all the hate for Suzuka. Don't get me wrong, he's an idiot as well as a scumbag, but from a viewpoint of someone who is neutral towards Britannia and Japan, why is he worse than Lelouch?
    Both of them betrayed their birthplaces, both killed family members to protect their beliefs, and they both think they're doing what's right. Again, I hate the dude because the show pushes you to despise a character like that, but if I was from Britannia at this time point, why wouldn't I hate Zero, he murdered our prince, he killed countless people all with families, etc.
    Just my two cents.

20. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #160 tahzblade, Feb 6, 2015
    I'll be sure to watch Golden time then, I think it's about time for me to start watching another anime series!