What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes.

2. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    #122 noah0706, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Cool.

3. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    That's a special case. Since at the time during Ruka's moms' day there were only Pagers so what they did instead was send a D-Mail using his moms Pager to the same one before he was born. Thus resulting in that gender change.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

5. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Correct that's because the series were told to make filler episode not to pass the manga as deviation from the source would not be ideal. The idea of beach episodes was a way to prolong a series without passing the main storyline and not detrimentally change the storyline. Plus they sell well.

6. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Cross Ange was surprisingly good. Though you can tell the similarities with Sunrise other works.

7. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    "Hey, mister... I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sonuvabitch." (All spoken in choppy English) Probably the best line in Steins;Gate. Okabe confirmed for the best character.

Attached Files:

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh man the feels are real after watching the 16th episode of S;G. I came so close to shedding tears. So freaking sad, but also just fantastic. The show really is a masterpiece.

9. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Make sure you watch the OVA and Movie respectively after finishing the show. It gives a nice wrap up to the series. Also a LN taking place 3 years later will be released soon. Fairly certain that it will get translated considering the popularity. If you wish to explore more into the series, the game expands on other routes (different girls) and is on iOS (only in Japanese and Korean but English is coming soon from what I've heard). The internet radios got translated as well which go in depths with the other diverges that were talked (between alpha and beta) about but not explored in the anime.

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Good to know, I just finished the last episode, so I'll watch the OVA and movie. I may get the PC version of the game (if the iOS version is translated soon), since iirc it has english translations already. I'll also keep an eye out for the LN. Thanks for all info!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just started Attack on Titan. I cant find the damn Claymore box set my cousin gave me for last christmas. I think my wife may have kept it somewhere coz we rearranged our living room and bedroom in the new year.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Attack on Titan is great. Lots of unexpected stuff happens that's quite shocking.

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I watched a couple episodes of AoT but I never got into it. Tbh the premiss didn't appeal to me much, I'll give it another shot sometime though.

14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Attack on Titan is a great starter to be honest. Looking back though, it's well okay :L

15. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    #135 RoboWarrior, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    While I enjoy it, I'm quite surprised by the international appeal of the show. Knowing some of the tropes in the show, one wouldn't think it would have a world wide appeal. Must be the right place and the right time. Honestly this show isn't a must watch but I did enjoy the show. I would say it would be another SAO, great art, fantastic production (at least compared to most shows except ones by unfotable) great music, and decent plot at the right time and place. SAO definitely spawned a renowned theme around RPG genres.

16. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Absolutely. There seems to be plenty of anime that haven't gained so much appeal that IMHO were better. (from what I know, but that's of course speculation since I haven't watched all of it)

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Code Geass seems good from the first episode. I'm intrigued, to say the least.

18. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Code: Geass is really good.

19. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    That's still on my backlog list. The art is putting me off but watching a lot of seasonal shows are probably the main reason. Seems like the winter season isn't as convincing as last season. Spring is going to be a hard one to juggle with school and everything.

20. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I was pretty disappointed by the main character in Attack on Titans. My Friend is reading it's manga and tells me updates but I still never gonna read it's just very boring story and as compared to anime it's in another realm.
    As for code geass they are still on my computer even it's been one and half years. There will be a lot of question after you finish it though. But the story line was really good.