What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #681 Teknikal, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Ah I read something about 5 min episodes which kind of put me off a bit, although I have watched shows with similar runtimes like Senyuu but couldn't really get into them. I've just looked into it more now and now I see what you mean. I guess I'll try and get hold of the six compilation episodes and watch it that way.

2. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    New Game is great so far. Just finished Angel Beats and am reading the manga. It's a great show

3. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Actually have watched " The Disastrous Life of Saiki K" up to ep 6 of the compilation the confusing part now is working out what ep number I'm really on now. My guess is probably 30 if it's 5 eps a compilation I'll just judge by trial and error now.

Actually started watching "Masou Gakuen HxH" I should probably be ashamed of that but I tend to enjoy ecchi harems in general, even when they are a bit too ecchi I just filter it out.

Another new one "for me" I've started is Barakamon.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just finished that one the other day and I'd say your in for a treat. It's one of those funny feel good animes with really likable characters.

5. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah it is quite good I think I might try Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) after it, it seems similar and I've seen it commentated on quite a bit lately.

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Right now I am rewatching the entire Read or Die series. I've already finished rewatching the OVAs.

7. WhitePanther

WhitePanther Active Member

Need horror anime suggestions!

any original horror animes? not gore type, just horror like ghost hunt or another.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    You might like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Sankarea

9. WhitePanther

ok i will try those, thanks

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im on my 6th or 7th run of Cooking Master Boy. Love the show even though it always makes me feel hungry, and i can watch it with my kids.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'd say Another is probably really the only one I've seen personally although I am watching a Zombie based one called "Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!)" it's basically your typical zombie apocalypse type plot but seen from the point of view of a girl who has completely broken from reality and thinks she's living a normal school life. It's a hard one to explain and I'm only a few eps in so far.

12. WhitePanther

bored of watching all the other typical animes so looking for something new.

13. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Have you seen Code: Geass?

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    As a sign of how I'm still scratching the surface of anime, I just started Samurai Champloo last week. Just ep 1 so far, but wow. Really liked Cowboy Bebop, which I watched years ago, but this might blow it out of the water.

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just watched the sword art online unabridged parody (mostly on Youtube) surprised me it was as good as it was, pretty funny take on it. I think I might try reading the SAO light novels (I read the Konosuba ones last week and enjoyed them).

Think I'm still a sucker for the "trapped in a game" animes for some reason I just always enjoy them.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    edit

Sorry saw its already been mentioned...

17. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm sure I've probably mentioned the same things repeatedly it's very easily done, sometimes I post and start thinking didn't I post almost exactly the same before and have a Doh! moment.

Just watched Gakkou Gurashi! episode 6 it's actually getting quite dark kind of reminds me a bit of Madoka with the cute moe girl characters and the darker zombie aspect it's definitely a strange one but I'm liking it for some reason.

18. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Samurai Champloo is awesome! Think you'll really like it :p

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I started watching the English dubbed version of Ghost Stories and it's pretty hilarious. The dubbing for the most part is pretty unique. They changed and added a lot to the dialog to make it really funny while keeping the original story. The dubbing sometimes makes fun of the anime itself. It's almost like South Park mixed with MST3000 and a ghost hunting anime series.

20. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Found another that's kinda putting me on that emotional roller coaster and it's a pretty unexpected source

"The Fruit of Grisia"

I thought it was a typical harem school kind of show from the looks and I knew it was based on a VN.
    But I guess I went in expecting the wrong thing from it.

I almost gave up early in the first season but some of the later plot stories are really good, dark and season 2 is making me shed the odd tear here and there although I do feel it's intentionally setting out to do that.

Also started watching Strike Witches as I saw a rewatch going on in Reddit and I've never seen it, kind of curious because I know the sequel "Brave witches" is meant to be airing sometime soonish.