What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Massive fan of bleach, death note and attack on titan.......but currentley watching ONE PUNCH MAN........ONE PUUUUUNCCCCCH!!!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ATM, I'm re-watching SE Lain (something I've done at least once a year for the last 10 years) - but I've got Steins;Gate on deck. Pretty excited as I haven't seen it yet and have heard TONS of great things about it...

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Just finished watching DBZ Resurrection F.

Whis is so awesome.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just started Plastic Memories only one ep in so far but it did give strong hints it might be an emotional rollercoaster like I feared, also finally started Hunter X hunter already close to 50 eps in on that one.

To be honest I'm partway through so many shows I'm having to rely on Animelist to keep track. I keep starting new ones when I read something about them might be a bit of a character flaw on my part.

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Dragon ball super, Black! Trunks better get ready. Also just finished Death Note and Akame Ga Kill. Will be starting Code Geass R1

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Right now I am finishing up Shuffle!. I don't even know why I am still watching it, it's pretty lovey dovey but it does not have the same emotionally beautiful impact as Chobits. It's also not particularly funny. Shuffle! was made by the same people that made Fruits Basket which I thought was pretty good.

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I quite liked shuffle! but it was one of the first animes I watched and I have to be honest it emotionally rocked me in a few places which I wasn't at all used to (ironically the three most emotional animes I've seen still were one after the other quite early on clannad, shuffle, last movie of heavens lost property).

I admit didn't like the choice the MC made but I liked the show so I am actually playing through the Shuffle! PC Visual Novel (playing Clannad still as well).

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #668 coolpepper43, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Ya, I noticed you rated this one pretty high. I also did not like his choice and thought that it was going to be a little more complex than that but I still have 3 episodes left. This anime is also sort of depressing for me in a bad way.

Added...

This anime is pretty unique in the harem genre. From what I can remember, almost all harem animes that I've seen either have the MC never confess their love to the one they choose or the anime from the beginning makes it certain you can tell who the MC is closest in love with from very early in the show and then all of the secondary love interests come in later in the season. This one is depressing because he actually chooses his girlfriend which goes against how harems typically work.

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I can understand finding it depressing it's pretty dark in places, if it wasn't one of the first ones I'd watched I might feel differently about it honestly, to me it was a good because it made me feel emotion in places and that's not something I was particularly used to especially from a TV show.
    I also kind of started the game because I disliked the MC's decision so much I wanted a different ending although I get distracted so much I haven't actually seen one of the alternatives yet.

To me it was a bit of a major shock anime could affect me in that way at all I'd always thought of them as I guess basically cartoons of people in big robot suits fighting (I was basically learning anime wasn't what I thought it was and it's actually much deeper than anything on UK TV and covers a crazy amount of subjects).

10. SnowballTheLamp

SnowballTheLamp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    I'm watching Asterisk War right now and I'm in love with it.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Funny I was talking about emotional animes I just watched the last 6 or so eps of plastic memories, I think it's the worst one yet (I don't mean bad just very sad). To be honest it got me worse than any of the others I mentioned even though I kinda expected it from the start.

It's good but too much feels to be honest, it's probably best avoided.

12. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    So far i'm really enjoying this season.

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I haven't been able to resist watching a few of them although there does seem to be weird similar naming scheme going on with a few of them ie ReZero, Rewrite and Relife (haven't really decided on rewrite but I like the other two.)

Also watching Orange, New Game, Macross Delta and Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara.

14. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm currently watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) and i'm liking it a lot.

15. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Re:Zero Episode 18 was pretty emotional, need to watch the other 17 episodes in order to fully understand the experience. Helps that the author released several alternate chapters that relate to Episode 18 as well.

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Started watching The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. even at episode 2 I can tell this is going to be a very good and funny anime. I love the entire premise.

17. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Freelance software developer
    I just finished Shirobako. That was fantastic. I'm also watching Re-Life, its gotten quite interesting.

18. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    It's a pretty great show lol.

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I actually have Shirobako ready to watch at the minute myself but I've been delaying it at least until I'm finished with "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun", ReLife was also pretty good especially the girls smile.

I did look at that and did consider it up until I saw the tiny episode runtimes, I'll have to add it back onto my to be watched.

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    They actually also have full episodes.