What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I enjoyed Konosuba it's a shame there are only 10 eps as I did find it genuinely very funny, I'm watching a few different shows right now and trying to also clear some that I was half way through and then got distracted by something else.

Few of the ones I'm working slowly on are Kokoro Connect, Ouran Host Club and I did finish Accel world I'd say they are all decent enough but none of them are really gripping me as much as some others have.

If there's one good thing about anime though it must be there is so much choice but on the downside I think it also makes picking the next one quite tricky.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I recently finished Ouran Host Club. I thought it was pretty great, especially the English dubbing was fantastic! I usually don't enjoy reverse harems that much but I found it funny and engaging.

3. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not saying it's bad just haven't really been sucked into it as yet but I'm pretty early into it still (around 5 eps) to worsen the situation I've now started watching Nisekoi as well. So I'm probably watching half a dozen different shows sort of randomly.

Going to resist starting more at least until I've cleared at least half of them (probably a week or two).

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Completed second season of Garo and its story is as abrupt as always. There was no sequence. Don't even know why I watched it.
    Gonna complete second season of Magi until Sinbad compltes. I'm also watching Erased as well.

5. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #645 Teknikal, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Finished Kokoro Connect off thought it was ok, I also watched all of Nisekoi (reminded me of Toradora) good first season, second wasn't as good but did have a few funny eps. Added a ton of stuff to my to be watched list although mostly still airing stuff I'll wait until the seasons complete before starting any of them.

Thinking about throwing Ajin and/or Madoka Majica into my current watching, contrary to what I said a few days ago I've also started Ah! my Goddess. Guess I just can't control my watching at the minute, too much free time maybe (only working part time).

edit:

I did actually just watch Ajin in one sitting was a nice change of pace from the mostly comedy/harem type stuff I've been watching recently. Think I might actually jump onto Parasyte which has been on my watch list pretty much since I started.

edit 2: Just watched the first ep of Macross Delta and wow I don't know what the hell I just watched it might be one of the crazier things I've seen but still had something that makes me want to watch the next ep.

6. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    Watching Erased and Ajin at the moment, but perennial favorites are Mushishi and Fruits Basket. Good to see this thread still going.

7. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    You know hay Konosuba has a second season in place right?

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Finished season 2 of Haikyuu, so now I'm guessing I'll have to wait until the fall season for season 3. Not really sure what to watch now. Psycopass I guess.

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah it was mentioned at the end of ep 10 I believe but not knowing much about Anime releases and Translations (only started watching them earlier this year) I don't really expect to be able to watch it for a few years.

Then again it does seem very popular and you never know.

I'm thinking about giving the Macross series a try from the start (well from Super Dimension Fortress Macross onward) I really liked the sheer craziness of Macross Delta so far and I usually don't really like most mech based stuff.

10. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    It should be coming soon, Studio Deen has also greenlit Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu which similarly announced at the end of the episode of season 2 with no date sight. Considering the quick announcement, we are likely to see both shows have a 2nd season around the same time, I'll bet Fall of this year.

Macross F was a blast, very much enjoyed the TV series and movie. Just a heads up, despite what the review say, the movie compilation is very different compared to the TV, the relationship between characters was changed and the plot in accordance. In addition, the movies got an ending and updated CGI for the mecha fights. Would recommend the movies and skip the TV show if time is a constraint but the movies leaves out some arcs but make no bearing on the story (the movie plot is considered canon so some of the stuff in the TV series may be ignored in future series). I would say each version are like alternate timelines in visual novel with one favoring one character and the movie favoring the other (all macross shows have a love triangle). Still trying to see if there will be any connecting plotlines from Macross F to Delta but so far none.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Anyone else use funimation.com?

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah from what I've been reading Macross F seems to be the most favored series, I've already started on "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" and despite the dated animation I'm mostly enjoying it I've a niggling feeling I've seen some parts before (probably seen a robotech show at some point).

I think I'm going to stick with it and work down the list I found here and also watch the Delta episodes as they become available. Not sure about the movies I may skip over those as it seems the show arcs mostly cover the same stories.

Looks like I'll busy for a while anyway.

Not as yet but I have seen it mentioned quite a bit and will have to look into it, would probably be a lot easier than the almost random ways I'm going about it

13. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    If you didn't know, RoboTech was actually a combination of 3 mecha shows into one, two which were Macross and Gundam (forgot the 3rd show). When the shows were licensed for American viewing, the licensors didn't think the shows themselves would be well recieved so they made their own. This is also the reason why Macross isn't available for steaming on Funimation or Crunchy as the licensed distributor has a copyright on all mecha products similar to Macross in the US ( I believe this extends to Gundam as well).

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I knew I think I must have seen a few eps on TV at some point, probably as a child still surprised to kinda recognize some scenes as I can't remember ever watching it.

About 2/3rds through original now my strongest thoughts are I actually hate the love interest (more than I have in anything else might be the most unlikable anime character ever) and it's hard to have any respect for the MC when he keeps pining after her but given the age of the show and mostly due to the plot it isn't half bad even now.

Maybe should have went for the first movie instead though just for the better animation but I'll finish the series off anyway.

15. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #655 coolpepper43, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Just finished Chobits. Overall, I was very satisfied with the beautiful touching story. The English dub was well made.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I liked Chobits quite a bit myself, your right it is a very good touching story just the right amount of emotion/comedy/story I think, I have plastic memories on my "to be watched list" which sounds a bit similar but I've also read it might be on par with Clannad tragedy wise so I haven't been able to bring myself to start that one yet.

17. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Think of the same Gundam/Macross plot for nearly 2 decades and now you see why Hideaki Anno created Neon Genesis Evangelion as a deconstruction (and the the viewers, a breath of fresh air) of mecha anime.

18. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    ANIME NEWS GUYS
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
    Original anime written by Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass creator) and will be directed by Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin) at WIT Studio. Hiroyuki Sawano (Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown) is in charge for music. The anime is due in April 2016.
    9gag
    sharing the news~

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #659 Teknikal, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Watched Outbreak Company yesterday kinda reminded me of KonaSuba not as good/funny but "similarish" plot, I've been on a bit of a theme with these "transported to another world" animes.

Some of the ones I've been watching are Re:Zero (brilliant so far),Gate, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Ixion Saga DT, Log Horizon I think I'm basically out of them now along with others I've watched already.

Also watching Magi and thinking about Hunter X Hunter next as I keep reading good things but I've been putting it off for a while just due to sheer ep count.

20. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Show has been out for a while now, a side project from the usual adaptations though the green MC is a bit off putting. Quite interesting show though, enjoying it so far.