What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I haven't, thanks!

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I hesitated cuz i am scared. The more i watch and dig for, the more i want...to be frightened

3. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Oh I forgot to mention you should try to watch the BD versions as they fixed a good number of issues. Lots of shows go back and fix stuff with the BD version, Shaft is especially known for this in their Monogatari series and Nisekoi (they actually censored stuff in the BD version for some reason) and Twintails even threw out a number of scenes to redo them after outsourcing during the airing. Additionally the shows are actually 1080p and color correction is applied.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm over half way through Black Butler. I like it.

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm beginning to watch Noragami and Durarara while finishing up the episodes for season two of Haikyuu. Still watching Gintama as well. I think I'm up to the 100 episode mark for that.

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    If you liked Gintama watch Sket Dance. They have the same vibe as it's written by the Assistant of Gintama's author. They are quite good.

7. HentaiOyaji

HentaiOyaji Member

Mar 9, 2016
    i have lost touch with the anime world since i started working and other stuff in life.... miss those old days i must say.... clannad, sentou yousei, gundam (pre-seed titles), claymore etc. just to name a few

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #628 Teknikal, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Well I have been watching Clannad and the Afterstory half expecting it to upset me after everything I've read about it being sad.

Surprisingly it hasn't really had any major effect on me, I'd say if anything it just started to bore me nearer the end but don't get me wrong there are some pretty sad bits but I think the fact I was expecting them stopped their effectiveness really.

I'm still watching several series but I think I might binge watch Blue exorcist today for a change of pace.

9. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Im currently not watching animes
    but the last anime that ive watched was Detective Conan hehe

10. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    same here~
    I havent watched clannad yet but some people said it was a tear jerking anime :)

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #631 Teknikal, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Clannad isn't really it's the sequel Clannad Afterstory that's a bit of a rollercoaster I'm still glad I watched it though.

I've been on a complete Anime watching craze recently it's actually a bit ridiculous how many I've been going through I'm watching Shakogan no Shana as I type this and have started using myanimelist to keep track.
    It's already pretty huge

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Cool, how far are you in Shana? I liked most of that one a lot.

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Early in the third season now, yeah I've been enjoying it.

14. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    My username is Nojoca on myanimelist if anyone wants to check my list out :D

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Nice list, there is a lot of stuff there I'm planning to watch myself my backlog gets bigger pretty much every day though. I think I need to fix my ratings a little looking at it as I think scorewise I've been harsh on some things and probably too generous on others.

16. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Finished ToraDora recently. I'm just looking at all the fan made Touhou animes now

17. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #637 Teknikal, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Enjoyed "ToraDora" myself I read "Golden Time" is similar and by the same people so I'm intending on watching that as well sometime but I think my favourite romcom kinda show so far is the "the pet girl of sakurasou".

Finished Shana off today it's tricky deciding what to binge next I think I'm going with "KonoSuba" it sounds like something I'll enjoy but no doubt I'll fly through it no time.

18. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    #638 noah0706, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Thanks ^-^

19. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    They even have the same composer for the show as well, Golden Time is a bit more controversial compared to Toradora but time will tell if it becomes just as recommended. I know the writer has been dabbling in other stuff like the Evergreen manga which didn't seem to fair as well (I believe it got axed after 40 something chapters). Also the creator of Kanatangatari and Monogatari has had his new series green lit for an anime series by Shaft (they seem to have their hands full with more Monogatari and Fate Stay series).

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Today, I finished Dagashi Kashi. It was sort of weird but I enjoyed it. Now, I am starting Bamboo Blade.