What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    one puuuuuuuuunch!

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I very rarely watch anime I think the last one was something like cowboy bebop but i just watched a couple of episodes of sword art online and thought it was quite good I may watch the rest of them.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm currently watching Dragon ball super, sux that it's only once a week. The Champa arc is still about to start, can't wait til the show reaches where the manga is now ie. U6 vs U7

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I loved all of the Fullmetal series. Did you also watch the original version?

5. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not sure if it's I'm just bored of regular TV shows at the minute but since I've started watching Sword Art Online and quite liking it I've started to look up some of the series listed throughout this post for potential future watches.

Also actually started watching the Devil is a Part-Timer! as well and I'm finding it funny.

6. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    The one and only "Ninja Scroll" and..

I haven't too many Anime in the last months. But one Anime/Mange I will keep watching until I die is "Ninja Scroll". It is an amazing movie. Shame that the series was relatively baaaaaaaad! What do you guys say?

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The movie was a really disturbing experience since I saw it with my dad!## first and last time I'll watch an anime with him.

8. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Hahaha! This definitely sounds slightly disturbing! I hope the opinion about that movie didn't suffer because of the circumstances! :)

9. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Just recently finished a marathon of Golden Time, Lovely Complex, Kimi ni Todoke and Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor.

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I have completed at least 20 series in the last few months. Once I compile a list I will post it.

Btw, I have watched the latest One Piece dub release. It's amazing that I'm over 440 episodes in and I never get tired of it. In fact it keeps on getting better. You know it's a good anime when you keep wanting more.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #591 Teknikal, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Unfortunately Ill with some type of Flu but it's given me a chance to bingewatch series

The ones I've seen in the last week or so

Rosario + Vampire (both seasons)
    Highschool of the Dead
    Highschool DXD (on season 2 I'm strangely enjoying it)
    The Devil is a Part-Timer!
    Sword Art Online (Both Seasons)

I've also got a ton queued up for future watching (I'm using Kodi and the Lazy TV plugin to watch a combinations of shows and seasons not all anime mind you but I like the random aspect it allows me to select several shows and makes random playlists in order)

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am also sick with something. I hope you feel better soon.

13. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I left One Piece a while back so I can watch few together. Also watching Gintama. There latest arc is awesome.
    Will start World Trigger again.

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I'm hopeful I recover in the next few days, same to you by the way.

Finished of high school DXD about a half hour ago kind of sad there isn't more episodes, it was quite funny although quite twisted (perverted) in it's humor although nothing terrible. I think Steins;Gate might be next.

15. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    One Piece still rules. I'm not that far behind the present-day run now - that is some series to last so long with so little filler.

I tend to watch only one series at a time, and it's taken me a long time to get (nearly) up to date with One Piece. Not sure where I'll go next. Loved Rurouni Kenshin - at least the first three-quarters anyway - Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note. Enjoyed Hitman Reborn (a LOT of filler there though) and Cowboy Bebop. Elfen Lied was decent but I couldn't hack Code Geass at all.

Any suggestions where to go next? One-Punch Man?

16. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    One Punch is a good action comedy, and Code Geass is awesome if you decide to start watching it again.

17. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, maybe I should give Code Geass another try. I loved the Lelouch storyline, but the mecha stuff leaves me cold.

18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I think you should! There is definitely enough intrigue without the mech battles. I'm not a huge mecha fan either, but I found CG (the second season even more than the first) to be very enjoyable.

19. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Anyone have thoughts on the current season now that we are nearing the halfway point? Erased is continuing to impress me, but I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is also keeping up the quality each week. Any other good stuff that I'm missing out on?

20. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Erased is the only one i've been keeping up with, Dimension W might be good (only watched the first episode so far) nothing else has really caught my eye this season.