What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    yusssss

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    One Outs is really really good, and I'm not a fan of sports in the slightest. The psychological aspect is just amazing. I'm not finished with it yet, but I already know that I can fully recommend it (even if you don't watch sports)! Great recommend, Infinity89!

Attached Files:

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Definitely found my fair share of awful subs on anime, but once you've started a sub, it's nearly impossible to switch to a dub, it just sounds wrong. (I also couldn't stand the wait for dubs when a new anime is coming out)

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Ergo Proxy, Apple Seed and Apple Seed Ex Machina, Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Blood the Last Vampire and Animatrix would be the full extent of my Anime experience.

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah it's really great it's only let down is that it's not finished. I mean like the manga that is completed. Also the animation isn't very crispy like other anime.
    Also check out Giant Killing if you like this one. That one is soccer though.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh wow, I had no idea that it isn't finished. That sucks :( I'll check out Giant Killer at some point because that looks quite interesting.

7. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Recommend any of those?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just finished Blue Exorcist.

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I know a friend of mine watched that and he liked it a lot. What did you think of it?

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    This. I haven't actually heard of any of those.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It was pretty good. Not amazing but still good. I'm just glad that the story concluded. You can't think too much about some of the logic or else you start finding plot holes.

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Good to know :D

13. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Blood the Last Vampire has a 'sequel' called Blood+, along with other canon works. Ghost in the Shell is getting sort of a reboot this summer with Ghost in the Shell:Arise TV series coming up.

14. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    If you know, the music is by Hiroyuki Sawano, famous for producing music for Aldnoah.Zero, Guilty Crown, AoT, and Kill la Kill. The manga its based off of is still ongoing, I believe about 60 chapters are released, when this was adapted only ~40 chapters were out.

15. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Ergo Proxy I enjoyed, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex I thought was rubbish but enjoyed the original movie and sequel (some similarities to Blade Runner), Apple Seed movies were okay. But due to my limited anime knowledge I'm probably not a good one to recommend titles because I'm not sure of what is a median standard.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #56 september, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know if there's a good anime series for Battle Angel Alita?

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I enjoyed the music for all of those, didn't know they were produced by the same person. My friend also read the manga and said he liked it and hoped for some form of a remake after the manga is finished (a la FMA brotherhood) however unlikely that is, so if I do watch it I plan on also catching up with the manga.

18. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I'll check out Ergo Proxy. I hope you'll watch more anime as there are some truly awesome ones out there! If there are any certain genres you like defiantly post them here as there seem to be plenty of people who have a very good knowledge anime and can recommend some greats.

19. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Have any of you seen Spice and Wolf. I effing love that series. Holo is my favorite female character in any anime I've seen. She's so great. I'm so sad it hasn't gotten at least 2 more seasons. I've been trying to get my hands on some of the light novels (read the manga but wanted to read the place it originated from) as I just want so much more! It may say romance, but for the most part it's economical and really interesting. I highly recommend it.

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I started it but I stopped after the 3 episode. I should probably start watching it again.