What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. monsterkill

monsterkill Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Mobile Developer
    Currently Ongoing Animes:
    1. Naruto Shippuden
    2. One Piece(Will stop for 2 years)
    3. World Trigger
    4. Baby Steps 2
    5. Ace of Diamond 2
    6. Gintama 3
    7. One Punch Man
    8. Haikyuu 2
    9. Owarimonogatari

2. newborn

newborn Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Currently catching up. Finishing Ore Monogatari, Charlotte, Durarax2 Ten, etc. before I go for the winter season of animes. :)

3. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Onepunchman. That is all. And maybe Gundam: Iron blooded orphans.

4. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    What do you like particularly? I'm watching pretty much all of the major ones (check my MAL same username as Toucharcade) so I can give a pretty good suggestions.

5. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm goin for new animes this season. So no gundam.

6. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    #546 RoboWarrior, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    Typical 24 minute shows:

One Punch Man: The best thing about this show, the pages of the manga are ripped onto the screen. In other words, absolutely beautifully detailed show, made me wish Tokyo Ghoul was done by the same studio but the secret was that Madhouse hired several special artist (in other words the best of the best animators) for each episode. Someone on reddit was able to break down which artist did what and it's absolutely phenomenal. Other wise the plot is literally Super-man without the kryptonite problem added with Japanese slice of life.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Highschool typical harlem romance, it's either you like them or not. It's adapted from a light novel so its typical anime tropes, big boobs, tsundere, school council, super OP MC, red head, ojou-sama, you get the gist. Luckily for this show, it is very well animated and the OST is sounding terrific. I'm enjoying it so far but many others probably won't.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: Highschool typical harlem romance... okay the beginning of this show and Asterisks is actually identical. Down to even the MC falls into the girl's boobs. This is done by newly created Lerche studios, same ones of Monster Masume and Assassination Classroom so you're going to get pretty good character designs and at least consistent animation if a little on the low side. Honestly the reasons I'm watching this is due to reading the source material and manga which contains some spoilers. I would highly recommend if you enjoy romance shows to wait this one out as it far from similar to Asterisk despite the first two episodes. Oh it's on Hulu but I don't recommend watching from there if you really don't like 90's yellow subtitles and hideous font choice that make Funimation's subs look godly.

Comet Lucifer: Interesting show since it's a lot better than anticipated for a lot of people. Getting an Eureka Seven and perhaps a Gargantia vibe. It has mecha involves but too early to say what it really is. I would recommend first episode watch first since it's pretty different from other shows this season.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru: From Studio Troyca that brought the much hyped Aldnoah.Zero, they bring their first in house animation. If you've seen Kara no Kyoukai, the show so far is pretty much Touka Aozaki and Mikiya Kokoutou and them solving mysteries, with the young boy being Mikiya and the young women (yes it's not another romance, so far) Youka mixed with the stoic personality of Shiki. Enjoying so far with great animations. Also to add if you've GoSick these two seem very similar except so far without the romance and Loli.

Heavy Object: Author is the same as Testament that everyone is waiting for season 3. Seems like the studio is just adapting all of his LN right now so if you like he's work watch it. If you don't know, it's a mecha sci-fi with heavy japanese anime tropes.

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider: Another mystery show with the roles in Sakurako switched, a teenage girl and young man. Getting a bit of a Psycho-Pass and Terror in Resonance vibes, which were also by the same studios.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shaken Shoutai: I remember reading this LN in manga format a few years ago and disappointed to see it ended in 2 volumes. Luckily it seemed to have gotten an anime. Much like Asterisk another school harlem with guns and swords.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou: I thought this would be something similar to anime Trigger releases but so far seems to be a Mahou Shoujo show. Might be dropping it soon but I'll probably wait one more episode.

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: Lost MC in a forest and meets a village with people... with car ears! Apparently an adaptation of a game, and supposedly a sequel to the 2006 show. In all honestly it seems unrelated according to some watchers (must be spiritual sequel or something) but if you love a slice of life, this is the show for you! The slice of life aspect is very similar to Gargantia in-between episodes.

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: While this is technically a tie in, it's obviously a comedy and quite a funny one. Since I have watched/read Attack on Titan I found it funny but if you have not you might want to skip it.

Young Black Jack: Apparently a re-visualization of some 80-90's manga, its a medical anime taking place in the Vietnam War era. So far it seems interesting but we'll see.

Lance N' Masques: Another harlem show but not in show. In all honesty, if you really are hesitant about harlem you probably want to stay away, especially since the loli is real. Really watching for the horse though (chilbi animation are nice too).

Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shoumin Sample" Toshiba ni Gets <heart> Sareta Ken: Can't really make much sense with this one, only one episode is out. Adaptation of a manga seems to be another harlem.

Aidan no Aria AA: It's not a sequel to Aria show but a spin-off. Same style but with different characters. Seems to be another weak to strong anime.

Dance with Devils: So it's actually a musical. Very Moulin Rouge feel with this show tied in high school anime. Perhaps Phantom of the Opera. Brain base is the studio so it's a definite watch list considering the strong first episode.

Valkyrie Drive: Have you seen Cross Ange? This show seems to be what the girls in Cross Ange are doing off screen. That should be enough information but it's a very heavy ecchi show (not like Seiken no Qweasar, I think).

Shorts:

Kowabon: Suppose to be scary but only 3 minutes. Uses an interesting animation technique.

Kagewani: Similar animation technique to Kowabon. Seems to be a Cryptozoology but doesn't seem to be doing well on MAL. 8 minutes.

Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan: Title is description, pretty cute show. 3 minutes.

JK Meshi!: Girls studying and cooking. 3 minutes.

I tried to avoid shows that had second seasons or required knowledge of previous shows since you asked for new anime but there were a number of shows that had sequels I would also recommend from this season as well.

7. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Wow XD

8. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Lol that's not all the shows I'm watching either.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

If I had a nickel for every time that an MC fall into girls breasts and gets upskirts or something though, I'd be a billionaire.

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Left Fairy Tail a while back, just started watching it again and it's not half bad. I'm liking the new season.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I just started to watch the whole "Tenchi Muyo!"-stuff again.

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I've only seen GXP because it was on Toonami, but I'm guessing since you're watching Tenchj Muyo in general you're up for an adventure.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #553 Vovin, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Yeah, haha, I am up for an adventure. I am watch lots of anime or reading manga, but I am more the fantasy/comedy or sci-fi type. Last 2-3 years I largely ignored anime (heck, I guess I missed a lot), but generally I am a huge fan. Tenchi Muyo is just great, I've also started Kyoukai no Rinne yesterday evening and watched the first 6 episodes in one go. :D

14. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    How about that Owarimonogatari

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Watched the first 2 episodes now, it's really fun. I just finished Himouto! Umeru-chan and I am also all over DanMachi, No Game No Life and Arad Senki. And a 4th season of Tenchi Muyo! was just announced. That's great News.

16. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Waiting for God Eater S2. Currently watching Black Lagoon, just finished S1 and will be starting S2. Then Blood+ comes next. Also watching Dragon Ball Super, yep I never got tired of Dragon Ball (except GT)

17. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    If you have watched all the of the previous Monogatari Series previously in broadcast order, then it is definitely a good watch. Personally definitely one that meet the hype, liking this first arc. Though if the novels are of any indication, then this show should end earlier in the timeline interestingly enough.

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Right now I'm in the middle of Black Cat. So far, It's much better than I expected.

19. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Just for clarification since this seems to be misinformed everywhere, God Eater is not getting a S2. The last 3 episodes of the 12 episode series is coming out later this December due to production issues. Ufotable doesn't usually do series back to back which they did with God Eater after UBW. On top of this, God Eater was a test for a new animation technique (apparently some cell shading layering) which required 20% longer to animate each scene (might have been frame). Despite coming out, Ufotable is getting ready to have another series next year so if they decide to prioritize that show over this one, it might be further delayed like Kekkan Sensen.

20. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Just started Soul Eater after finishing Hidamari Sketch x365 which was nice.