What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Fireemblem

Fireemblem Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Been watching Ace of Diamond, Baby Steps and Rokka no Yuusha. Can you also suggest other good but short anime?

2. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Shimoneta

3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Why is this thread so silent. Wasn't around for a while!
    I'm watching Ushio to Tora. It's good action and comedy. Also was watching God Eater but it suddenly disappeared.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Because all the threads are slowly going away and everyone is slowly leaving.

5. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Attack on titan is a masterpeice

6. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    I'd say Steins;Gate is the greatest anime ever made. Might just be me, but I think it's absolute perfection.

EDIT: Ergo Proxy is a very close second

Also Makise Kurisu is waifu

7. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Are you new to amines?

8. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Nope, this is out of about the 70 I've watched

9. Anonomation

Exactly it's all in opinion. The Dragonball Series is my favorite anime of all time. EXCEPT GT.

10. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Just finished it. Wasn't impressed. It severely lacked in pacing and the only reason I got through it was because it had an original premise.

There was way too much angst, needless conversation at inappropriate times that also did nothing to move the story forward. I'm fairly certain one episode was just 10 minutes of Eren fretting.

11. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Welcome to "NOOOOOO ;-;" the anime. Sequel to the dragonball sensation, "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Just finished watching Haikyuu. I'm starting to watch Gintama while I'm waiting for season two of Haikyuu. It should be coming around next month. Any other suggestions of what to watch? I'll watch any genre, doesn't matter to me.

13. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    See, I was trying to avoid the Dragonball comparison but all I could think about while watching it was "This is a soap opera version of Dragonball but with less action."

Would love to see the premise handed to someone who understands how to tell a story properly. The characters are generally less annoying than most animes, the premise is original, and there has been close to zero fan service.

But you could have condensed the entire first season into 10 episodes and told the exact same story.

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Have you watched Ushio and Tora? I'm also watching Gintama. I think I'm around 200.

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out. I probably only watched up to episode 3 of Gintama. I haven't had a lot of free time on my hands since I have other things to take care of.

16. Anonomation

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Makes you stronger according to DB logic.

17. iosgamer02

iosgamer02 Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Animes currently watching
    1. Naruto Shippuden
    2. One Piece
    3. World Trigger
    4. Arslan Senki
    5. Baby Steps 2
    6. Ace of Diamond 2
    7. Gintama 3
    8. Ore Monogatari
    9. Overlord
    10. One Punch Man
    11. Gangsta
    12. Working!! S3
    13. Durararax2 Ten
    14. Charlotte
    15. Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
    16. Prison School
    17. Dragon Ball Super

18. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Sadly despite the epic finale of Classroom Crisis (okay a bit underwhelming but episode 11 wow) it looks like there might not be a season 2 due to low sales. The last episode hinted at a possible S2 plot (that MAL score isn't helping) but hey at least Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata is getting a season 2 (same writer too also wrote White Album 2).

19. Glynda Holding

Glynda Holding New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I love Naruto and Dragon Ball..

20. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Looks like the end of Summer Season, one week break till the Fall Season starts! Summer season seemed to have a theme of unsatisfying ends with Gangsta hanging on a cliff hanger, Charlotte's disappointing pacing, Rokka poor sales (no S2 :( ) God Eater's delays, Nasu's Chaos Dragon, Classroom Crisis, To Love Ru's animations, and some new Aquarion show.

Luckily we have some S2 confirmation for our famous red head girl Shirayuki (Winter 2016), GATE (Winter 2016 production delays), and possible sequels for Monster Girls, Gakkougurashi, Kuusen (apparently did very well with Japanese audience), and To Love Ru.

Remember Working!!! and God Eater will still be airing a few episodes in the Fall so look out for those (would love to see more Okusama :rolleyes:).

Well can't wait for the Fall season to start all over again.