What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yeah mostly season 2's and a few new ones like Gunslinger Stratos and Shoukogeki no Soma. I chose based off this list: https://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/spring3.jpg

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    No, I hope no. Studio pierrot did an absolutely terrible job of Tokyo Ghoul and I never want them to touch that again. I mean wth was that last episode? Seriously if there's one studio that can make a mess out of a masterpiece that would be studio pierrot. But they are doing the Tokyo Ghoul JACK as an OVA so hopefully being an OVA would mean that they would have more money to spend as they usually do. Tokyo Ghoul root A makes KanColle's final episode look like a masterpiece.

3. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yeah let's not talk about that. They butchered the manga and I really hope they don't do more to destroy the manga even more. Tokyo ghoul: re is amazing though and one can only hope that madhouse does an adaption like they did with Parasyte.

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
  5. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Ready for Spring Season? FYI, the uncut edition of Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Episode 0 is out, looks like it adds 10 minutes of extra material (TV edition is 40 minutes). Great for those that haven't watched it yet though I'll be watching it to see the added scenes.

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'll definitely be checking out some of the new series this season, hopefully there will be some good stuff! Quick question, where is advisable to start the Fate series? I've heard so much about it, so I want to check it out.

7. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    So I watched a couple episodes of Speed Grapher (can't remember which of you recommend it) for the first time and I'm hooked! Really promising so far!

8. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    There's a guide on reddit on the type moon subreddit telling exactly how to enter the universe. Since I'm in school I'm holding off playing the game until the summer which honestly is a hot and miss considering the genre (it's a eroge which may not bold well for many even if the plot is good). I would consider the show to be s good start but to fully understand the story playing the games is kinda necessary (after all it's something like 100+ hours plus if you want it to be). Reading the wiki is good but remember the audience is for 18+ (type moon was a doujin) so expect some NSFW plot you wouldnt have heard from the anime (which interestingly helps move the plot far better than what's depicted in the show so far).

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    That's very helpful, thanks. I'll look into the games and the reddit guide.

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Well, spring is starting a lot better then I thought it would. Plastic Memories, man that show has got me hyped. It's so damn good. Food Wars and Gunslinger were also very solid, so already I've got as much to watch as I did in winter. Looks like I was much too quick in judging this season. :eek:

11. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yeah plastic memories had me go on a feel trip and it was only the first episode. Spring'll definitely be great.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    That was me. I'm glad your liking it!

13. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Cross ange just ended, now watching Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works season 2 which started yesterday, and also Tokyo Ghoul

14. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, I just finished it. It was really really good! The only thing I didn't like was the romance aspect. It was kind of uncomfortable considering that Kagura was underage. Other than that, it was really well done. Great recommendation!

15. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, I can see this being a really sad series by the end. (Not to say the first episode wasn't sad already)

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #376 coolpepper43, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Ya, but that's anime for you. I'm glad you liked it! :)

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Haha, too true. :p

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I like One Piece. Do anyone have the same with me?

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I really like one piece!

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    So, which charater you like best? I like Zoro and Law best. :)