What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    To be honest Studio Pierrot probably wasn't give enough budget, either that or it's going all to Naruto lol. The animations are like a rollercoaster. It's either pretty good or god awful. Now Madhouse does a fantastic job with animating stuff, namely Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte. Can't wait for a Tokyo ghoul reboot 5-10 years from now done by madhouse xD

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious about that since Tokyo Ghoul and Baby Steps were both released Summer 2014 and we all know which took all the budget. Noticing the shows they did around the same time as Tokyo Ghoul they also animated The World is Still Beautiful and Sabagebu! both weren't known for bad animations. For the season they have Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul:Re, and Akatsuki no Yona. Sadly it looks that Akatsuki got the bigger pool of budgets or the producers were more willing to throw money at Yona than the producers for Tokyo Ghoul.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    So for whatever reason, I started watching Toradora over Parasyte.. (I hope I got that spelling correct) I saw someone mention it and I watched a little bit of it. It's meh, maybe if I was someone who loved romance or something it would be fine, but I have no ******* clue how I'll be able to not drop this eventually. This is why I need to not stray off track from what's on my bookmark list lol :rolleyes:

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Started Fate Zero and it is awesome!

5. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Spring season is coming and I have like 20 shows to watch. Looks like it's going to be a fun time.

6. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I think I have something like 30 shows that I'm probably going to watch Spring (I'll probably drop a few), there are so many next season. Well it looks like Shinmaoi is getting another season, Chaika OVA is out, and the finale for Your Lie in April is out as well, will watch that later today.

7. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    You will make fun of me but I am watching Sword Art Online with my daughter. We just wrapped up Iria which is one of my favorites oh and Record of Lodoss War.

8. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I actually enjoyed that show, as long as the animation are great, character design are great, and the music is great, I'm watching the show. Helps to have A-1 picture behind, they have a specific character design to all their shows which I find likable.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I liked SAO a lot, no one will make fun of you for that. Maybe if someone kept saying Yu-Gi-Oh is the best anime, then that could qualify for shaming. Lol;)

10. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm really liking One Piece!

11. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Fate/Stay Night OST finally came out! Praise to Fukasawa Hideyuki!

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Just got done watching the first episode of Afro Ninja. That was absolutely hilarious (you had a motherf**king rpg in your motherf**king backpack?!), and also pretty cool. I'm probably gonna watch the other four tomorrow. The simple fact that Samual L Jackson voices the main character was enough to get me to start watching this :p

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Man, I'd love to be able to commit to a series like that but I don't ever see that happening. Hopefully I'll get around to reading the manga at some point.

14. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Ah, I need to watch the Fate stuff at some point. I've heard they're really good.

15. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I need to watch this haha

16. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks a lot for pointing me towards "Monster". It is truely a masterpiece. It unfolds a bit slow in the beginning but then it rocks the shit out of you.

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Damn, I really need to watch so many things, I almost forgot about Monster. Maybe that's what I need to watch next.

18. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    As the Winter season ends, the spring season begins and there's a lot to watch :D

19. noah0706

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Will there be a third season for Tokyo Ghoul?

20. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to watch? I took a look at the list and nothing seemed worth the time. Maybe I missed some good new stuff, or is it more season twos?