What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    The manga is was based ended so it does continue the story to some extent. The ending was kinda ambiguous. The author new work should be coming out soon (I think it already has).

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    120GB of erotic photographs? Sato truly is on a whole new level of perverted-ness! That's almost as much space as all 66 of my installed steam games take up! This anime completely cracks me up.

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Damn, Junketsu no Maria is soo good. Also happy to see that there is little to no fanservice despite being an ecchi anime. Probably my favorite anime this season.

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Better than Death Parade? O.O

5. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I am currently rewatching the first season of Durarara to refresh my memory before hitting season 2.
    Also watching Shiki which is one of the best animes in term of atmosphere and characters. I recommend it to anyone who wants some supernatural/vampire/mystery anime done right.

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Reading the manga flower of evil is a trip. The ending can mean so many things.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just completed Claymore. I really liked it. I actually like the fight scenes a lot better than Attack on Titan, but i really enjoyed both.

I've got Cooking Master Boy in line, and im trying to find a Grander Musashi DVD.

Are there any other light hearted (maybe still exaggerated ;)) anime based on simple everyday things like Cooking Master Boy and Grander Musashi?

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh shoot I totally forgot about death Parade. I can't say which I like better actually. I am a couple episodes behind on it though so I need to catch up.

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Honestly, after episode 23 of Welcome to the NHK, I did not expect a happy ending in the least. I was getting a little bit of School Days vibes. (I watched the last episode of SD just to see what all the talk about it was) But everything actually worked out. That was a really amusing Slice of Life/conspiracy anime. 8/10 for sure (two points off for how dull some of the later episode were)

10. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #330 nemerleb, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Kimi To Boku seasons 1 and 2!!!!
    It's a slice of life anime concerning high school boys and their daily life. Plenty of super funny moments, pretty light and relaxed.

11. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I haven't watched either of those, but one of the Slice of Life anime that I enjoyed a lot was Barakamon. Very entertaining SoL imo.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am glad you liked it. Ya the last episodes were not the best as I was expecting something different to happen. Did you like the comedy? I was laughing a lot through the entire series from all of the "gal games" obsessions and uncomfortable situations.

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh I laughed so hard at that stuff. For sure a 10/10 on the comedy side.

14. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Apparently the Light Novel and Manga take different routes so if you're not satisfied there are two alternative endings.

15. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Awesome, I may have to check those out at some point. I also didn't mind this ending, it was just a bit dull.

16. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Gotta love some tokyo ghoul root A on a thursday.

17. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm just really disappointed with the animation on some of the episodes. I'm not even talking about the 'talk' episode animation but episode 4, if I remember correctly, was absolutely abysmal with those fight animation. Given the animation studio, I'm not too surprised (same one that did Baby Steps *shutter* yet did the animations for Naruto -.-). Hopefully once the manga is fully finished with Tokyo Ghoul:Re there will be a proper reboot much like Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood did with FullMetal Alchemist as unlikely as that sounds (with MadHouse Animations as the new studio!).

18. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Yes!

19. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    For me the best anime series will allways be Death Note. But only the first season with L. Rewatch it every year.

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Same. If you like that series than I'm sure you will like Monster. It has all of the same psychological goodness.