What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Just my opinion on The Legend of Korra

Avatar The Last Airbender in my opinion is wayy better then The Legend of Korra infact, sometimes I feel The Legend of Korra does not do justice for The Last Airbender. I like to imagine some events in The Legend of Korra didn't actually happen after the death of Aang. Season 1 and 2 of The legend of Korra were meh while Season 3 and 4 are good.

In my opinion both The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra are good but Legend of Korra isn't as good The Last Airbender.

If Avatar The Last Airbender is considered as anime ( which I think it is ) it would be my 3rd or 4th favourite anime.

2. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Is Soul Eater Not! good?

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh for sure the first series was better.
    I really enjoy reading people's honest opinions on animes if someone disagrees that's good.

4. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I've heard mixed review about Korra as well, generally people found the first Avatar better. I'm so backed with so many manga and anime that I haven't found the time to finish/watch the Avatar series but it does seem quite good (I'll probably just speed read the comic later). Hopefully Nickelodeon doesn't milk the series any more, but develop a new IP. Considering how well Avatar did, I'm curious what Nick will produce next.

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh I remember watching Avatar when it was coming out weekly. That was a really great series. Also, Code: Geass R2.... WOW. I'm fourteen episodes in. Soooooooooo good. So so so good. In my opinion, it's leaps and bounds better than the first season.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    This. It's great to know that so many people on TA enjoy anime.

7. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, a new IP would be freaking awesome. I'd be all over that.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The thing is it's Nickelodeon. Their shows are so kiddy compared to Cartoon Network shows. I would not have faith in another Nick ip for a good action saga. Unless they are specifically trying to make another show that will cater to Avater fans, I think we're screwed.

9. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Have their recent shows been catered to younger audience? I was always under the impression that Nick was for teens and cartoon network was for those younger (not necessarily the audience). Considering the massive popularity of the Avatar series across ages groups and international appeal (at least compared to other original Nick shows), Nick would be shooting themselves not making another show catering to Avatar fans. Then again we see many studio do odd things *Brain's Base* *KyotoAni*

10. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Sadly Drrr x2 sales have been pretty bad, hopefully S3 will still be in production or we may have another Buddy Complex/ Chaika at hand :(

11. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    #311 Pocketnova, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    I'll take your word for that, since the last Nickelodeon thing I watched probably was Avatar.

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I watched episode 19 of Code Geass R2... What a f**king episode! I've already made so many typos just because I'm so shocked.
    I totally don't blame the black Knights for betraying him, it's pretty much fact that anyone in there position would so the exact same thing with that much evidence. Rolo's death was pretty sad, way more sad than Shirley's death IMO. I can't believe Nunnuly is actually dead(as far as I know). This is just getting insane!

13. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    What sucks is that people have to watch the first season to even have a somewhat close idea as to what's happening. So many characters and things happening that if you haven't watched the first you'll have no idea as to what's going on.

14. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Having that huge time gap between the two season ain't helping either.

15. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    #315 Pocketnova, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    I'm in shock. The "Welcome to the N.H.K" ending was perhaps the best thing I've ever seen in many years. How much weed did those animators smoke exactly?

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #316 coolpepper43, Mar 6, 2015
    Lol. I didn't remember the ending. I will have to watch it again. Is it just the last episode?

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh sorry, I messed up big time, the ending *song*. Lol I've only seen one episode. It's extremely entertaining though.

18. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh lol. :)
    It's a crazy ride into some mental illness. Great stuff.

19. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Absolutely, it sure seems that way! I'm very excited to watch more :p

20. TheTheory

TheTheory Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    hotel
    Central PA
    #320 TheTheory, Mar 6, 2015
    Speaking of "how much weed" endings, Flowers of Evil's ending floored me. I don't know if I like the series, per se (it's been languishing in my incompleted series queue), but the first episode is worth watching just for the ending. (And it's one of the rare times that I recommend actually watching the episode, instead of just looking up the ending on youtube, since the segue between episode and ending was just as impressive as the song itself.)