What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes fits that bill Nova. 100+ episodes but bear in mind that it is one of the older ones, so the visuals are different than today, but it's pretty good.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Any of the three would be good, actually.

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks, that looks great. I'm looking forward to watching that!

4. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #284 RoboWarrior, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Mahouka has sort of a political/science genre (quite controversial) though the anime hasn't gone too in depths. If a second arrives this will definitely be touched on more considering the BD sales which are likely (made it into one of Madhouse 10k series so they'll be dumb not to make a sequel). I wouldn't recommend the light novels since it tends to read like a movie script rather than a story (plus very pro-Japanese government stance which might not bold well for some readers).

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Speed grapher has a little bit of politics in it. Also, secret societies, think "eyes wide shut". Also it has a great story and lots of action.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Fantastic, very excited to watch those after I finish Code Geass R2! Many thanks to you three for the suggestions, I've bookmarked all of them.

7. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Mahouka is on Netflix so it should be a lot easier to watch in glorius HD.

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I'll keep that in mind! Always nice to have an anime series watchable on Netflix.

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Geeze I'm starting to run out of comidic supernatural/fantasy mature dubbed anime. :(

10. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Finished Trigun today and it was really good.

11. Birdman47

Birdman47 Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Currently watching Parasyte, really good Anime!

12. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I heard that was good. I'll need to check it out once I'm not so far behind.

13. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    They did a great job updating the show for the 21st century considering the manga was released around the 1980s. They took some liberties but they were quite minor and probably for the better (if you've haven't read it, doesn't matter too much). So far they have been following pretty close to the manga.

14. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm currently watching Akatsuki no Yona and it is pretty good.

15. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Wow, I didn't know it was that old! I wasn't actually aware that it was based on a manga.
    I watched something like eight episodes of that (when it first was airing) but it eventually dropped off my radar and I haven't watched it weekly since. Once I've finished some stuff in my backlog, I'll probably go back and finish it.

16. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Does anyone know how far Akatsuki no Yona is adapting? There are 16 volumes so it would be nice to know where to start off after the anime has finished.

17. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Madhouse adaptations are the best. Parasyte is one of them.

18. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I didn't know this, and someone better knowledged may be able to verify. Square Enix have trademarked a few of their Manga titles for gaming, I don't know what or if they're any good, but there you go.

19. TheTheory

TheTheory Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    hotel
    Central PA
    Been getting back into anime after a four-year break. Pretty out of touch with the current anime scene, though did watch Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online, and Attack on Titan last year, which resparked my interest.

Right now I'm working through non-filler Bleach. Didn't realize until a couple of weeks ago they officially ended the tv series in 2012, so figured now was as good of a time as any to knock that off the to-do list. Obviously, tournament-style fighting anime are about as cliche as anime gets, but I've loved the character dynamics within this particular show. The first time I watched through what was then-current Bleach, I dropped it due to filler. With me skipping the filler this go-through I'm much happier with the experience. (Am I selfish for wanting them to reboot Bleach once the manga ends, and make it a pure cannon series? Ah, my heart quivers at the thought.)

I also have an on-going project of watching through FMA:B with my sister. It's slow going since we don't always want to be watching anime when we're hanging out. But we're in season 4, so we probably just need to get together some Saturday, pop a ton of popcorn, and make a day out of it. It's my first time through Brotherhood, although I watched the original series and read through the manga. As much as I love all forms of FMA, I have a devil of a time remembering what happened in the manga vs the original series.

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I really loved bleach but after awhile I was glad is was ending.
    I know it's not true anime but I started watching The Legend of Korra. For anyone who is not familiar with the Airbending series it's from Nickelodeon. It's western made but it has some super heavy Asian influences. Right now I'm halfway through it and I really enjoy it.